Gimbal going nuts...

Reaction score
Hey Guys, recently went up for a flight and coming down had a minor crash. Upon inspection everything i noticed the gimbal was going nuts. Don't know if anyone else has experienced this issue or is it safe to say I need to buy another H3-3D...Any help would be greatly appreciated!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Video is private, will do a IMU calibration to start,got a pv2 + and IMU fixed after a crash

Reactions: Advexure
Hey Guys, recently went up for a flight and coming down had a minor crash. Upon inspection everything i noticed the gimbal was going nuts. Don't know if anyone else has experienced this issue or is it safe to say I need to buy another H3-3D...Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, IMU calibration first and then if the issue still exists YouTube "Fluttering Phantom Gimbal". There is a process to realign the motor pins and if they are not aligned this can cause both the H3-3D and Vision+ gimbals to flutter uncontrollably. Report back with your findings.

I assume you are referring to fluttering but video is private so I can't confirm.

cant watch the video is said private

Here's how to reset the gimbal.

What good is a video if no one can watch it. :(

Sorry about the private issue Guys...Trying to take off private now!!

Just tried a IMU Calibration and problem still persists. Also my switch on the back of the remote no longer pans the gopro up and down!!

I've tried IMU Calibration and nothing, also tried resetting the Gimbal and nothing! Any other suggestions Guys??

IMU calibration has nothing to do with gimbal whatsoever. Did you or have tried to reset the gimbal with the above video? Or have opened the RC to see if the pot is damaged or if the tilt lever is making contact with the pot?

IMU calibration has nothing to do with gimbal whatsoever.
Interesting. I had assumed that the IMU calibration data (or the IMU process at least) was used to calibrate what is and isnt "level" in the gimbal. If not, what does calibrate the gimbal?

@jason, when you say open up RC which is the assistant for the Remote, what is the POT?

Do this before doing any thing else. Hook you RC unit up to to the software and calibrate all the sticks and X1(which is the tilt lever on the back of the RC). Then connect the P2 to the assistant software but level the RC unit on and calibrate the sticks and X1 again and the tilt lever on the back of the RC unit should be working. The IMU has nothing to do with that tilt control.

If the tilt control still does not work there are two potentiometers (pot) inside the RC control unit. The one on the bottom is CE/FCC pot and the top pot is to control your gimbal tilt. That control could be push down and out reach of the control lever.

There is also a video I posted near the top of this page in how to reset the gimbal try that only as a last resort.

@jason, Bro you are the man! I ended up doing a hard reset of the gimbal and reloading software. I then went to calibrate the sticks and tilt lever and all is working now. BUT, lol i'm still stuck with this issue of the gimbal not wanting to stabilize itself. I think i'm just gonna have to buy another gimbal ::mad::(:mad::(

Looks like your about replacing it unless you what to send it in for repairs which might cost less then 4 bills.

I had to get my first HD-3D repaired after the copter tipped while landing in the wind. IT was kind of a hard- side skidding landing on my back patio, one of the motors got scuffed and dinged. They are very sensitive. I sent it to DJI in Florida. It takes several weeks. I have heard a place in Seattle is an authorized DJI sales & service center, but not sure if they repair Zenmuse gimbals there.
Your gimbal needs to be sent in as my first did the same exact thing. I bought another while my first was sent in for repair. Just got it back a few days ago, the bill was $123.00 from DJI.

@jason Good news, I literally just took my Phantom 2 into a local hobby shop as a last resort and come to find out that this H3-3D actually has alignment screws. It took all of 30 seconds to align me back up and voila. It's funny because right before I went up there I had placed a brand spanking new H3-3D inside my Amazon cart about to buy. Good thing I went buy my buddy's hobby shop !

@jason Good news, I literally just took my Phantom 2 into a local hobby shop as a last resort and come to find out that this H3-3D actually has alignment screws. It took all of 30 seconds to align me back up and voila. It's funny because right before I went up there I had placed a brand spanking new H3-3D inside my Amazon cart about to buy. Good thing I went buy my buddy's hobby shop !

If you knew which screws he adjusted it would be of interest to many others with the same problem.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic