Gimbal connection problems

Reaction score
Hi guys so I crashed my drone and ripped the ribbon cable but before I buy a new one I have found a possibly bigger problem that maybe you can help with when I plug my gimbal in obviously without the ribbon cable my telemetry for the app keeps disconnecting and wont stay connected for longer than about 5-10 seconds does anyone have any idea what I have broken is it the gimbal board or one of the wires connecting it to the drone. Cheers

Can you post a picture of the camera and of the device screen?
Hi yes I think this is all the photos you need shoot me another message if you need any more photos. The gimbal ribbon cable tore in half and I removed it from the drone. I can arm motors and fly the drone in both altitude and gps mode with just the controller as a bit of additional information. Cheers for any help given
Screenshot_20200417-123102_DJI%20GO.jpeg
Screenshot_20200417-123028_DJI%20GO.jpeg
Screenshot_20200417-123021_DJI%20GO.jpeg
20200417_122910.jpeg
20200417_122854.jpeg
20200417_122824.jpeg

Check to be sure the cables going to the gimbal are connected clean and tight. You’ll obviously need a new ribbon cable. But check out the roll motor to see if it will snap back together and not be loose fitting.

Check to be sure the cables going to the gimbal are connected clean and tight. You’ll obviously need a new ribbon cable. But check out the roll motor to see if it will snap back together and not be loose fitting.
Ok I have checked All cables going into my and gimbal and all seem to be connected properly. Still having the same connection problems

Ok, I’m wondering if the grey flat cable going from the gimbal and into the main esc board inside the aircraft is pulled loose off of the circuit board.
After the crash,was the whole gimbal assembly torn off the drone?

Ok, I’m wondering if the grey flat cable going from the gimbal and into the main esc board inside the aircraft is pulled loose off of the circuit board.
After the crash,was the whole gimbal assembly torn off the drone?
Ok I will check the main esc board after work tomorrow and see if that could be the problem. The main gimbal stayed on the drone in the crash and only the part from where the photo shows the camera disconnected was ripped off in the crash.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.