Gimbal choices?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looks like my cheap 2d gimbal is dead. I've been checking out the 3d gimbals. I had a question for the more knowledgeable brains here(at least more than mine).
Which of the sub $100 3d gimbals would you get for the P1 with the upgrade board?
Thank You
Brian

Although more than $100 I would still recommend the Zenmuse H3 3D particularly as you have the upgrade board fitted. On my P1 which did not have the board fitted I used a DYS Smart 3 axis gimbal. But the results were far inferior to the H3 3D results I got later on my P2. It needed endless tweaks and the dampeners must be changed. And even so the results were disappointing. By now there way be better 3rd party options out there- but possibly not given that the market has gone to all in one camera/gimbal setups now.

Here is some sample footage I took some time back.

cheers
bill

Although more than $100 I would still recommend the Zenmuse H3 3D particularly as you have the upgrade board fitted. On my P1 which did not have the board fitted I used a DYS Smart 3 axis gimbal. But the results were far inferior to the H3 3D results I got later on my P2. It needed endless tweaks and the dampeners must be changed. And even so the results were disappointing. By now there way be better 3rd party options out there- but possibly not given that the market has gone to all in one camera/gimbal setups now.

Here is some sample footage I took some time back.

cheers
bill

Hi Bill,
I didn't know that the H3-3D gimbal could be had for so little. After your suggestion I looked and found one at a Fry's store for $129! I thought they were a lot more costly.
I think you've made up my mind.
Thanks so much for the fast reply and the suggestion.
Cheers
Brian

Well, looks like it wasn't the best deal. When I went to pick up the gimbal, the box had been opened and the GCU was missing. I checked another Frys and the same thing. I guess someone was stealing the GCU's out of these and returning them to the store. Well I think I don't need it with the upgrade board.
I putting this on a P1.5. I put the P2 bottom on my P1.
Am I correct, I don't need the GCU with the upgrade board?
Thanks
Brian

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues