Gimbal / Camera swings from side to side - need help

Reaction score
My P4p+ was returned after going back to DJI for a complete rebuild after an 80m fall after losing power mid-flight (this post)...

Now it suffers from the gimbal swinging from side to side quite frequently - I have a feeling it may be due to cross-wind but cannot confirm this... see the video below. I don;t really want to send it back for repairs again for fear of having them request it goes back to the purchaser first like I had to do last time (bought though e-bay off a Hong Kong business and it cost $140 AU and took a LOT of persuasion to get them involved).

Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix? It is still under warranty - bought August last year

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Never seen anything like that with mine and I've flown in in fairly windy conditions. What mode was it in - ATTI?

Have you checked the setting in the camera in the app as there is an option where you can lock the camera so it doesn't use the gimble to keep it stable. That's the only other time I seen that when it happened to me about a year ago

My P4p+ was returned after going back to DJI for a complete rebuild after an 80m fall after losing power mid-flight (this post)...

Now it suffers from the gimbal swinging from side to side quite frequently - I have a feeling it may be due to cross-wind but cannot confirm this... see the video below. I don;t really want to send it back for repairs again for fear of having them request it goes back to the purchaser first like I had to do last time (bought though e-bay off a Hong Kong business and it cost $140 AU and took a LOT of persuasion to get them involved).

Has anyone else experienced this and found a fix? It is still under warranty - bought August last year

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I experienced this in the first few days of ownership. Turned out assigning FPV/Follow to no button cured it. It is easy to unconsciously hit the C2 button, switching the gimbal to FPV mode and rendering the result you see in the video. When in FPV mode, right stick left will cause that camera roll effect.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan