Gimbal cable protection

Reaction score
I was just wondering how many have done something like this to protect their gimbal cables? I'm thinking of doing it.

I've fixed a few phantom gimbals that have different types of gimbal guards on them. The only way to save your camera is not to crash. Nothing can guarantee your yaw arm or ribbon cable wont snap unfortunately

Reactions: Roverggm
I haven't done that but I'm a huge fan of the killerrc.com gimbal guard, $48. It saved my butt in a crash.[/QUOTEport

Yeah, I already have the killer rc gimbal guard. I installed that last week but it doesn't cover where that flat ribbon cable comes out on the side and also on the bottom. Which is what he's covering in the video in the first post.

I've fixed a few phantom gimbals that have different types of gimbal guards on them. The only way to save your camera is not to crash. Nothing can guarantee your yaw arm or ribbon cable wont snap unfortunately
Wait, what? Mal, is that really you? where have you been hiding?

just came back last night to ruffle a few feathers :D
104596-yeah-ha-ha-yeah-gif-Jim-Carrey-J0ql.gif

I agree the potted metal the DJI uses for these new gimbals is ridiculously week even if you have a gimbal guard on there the arm is going to break off in the slightest crash

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl