Gimbal Behavior After Crash P4

Reaction score
A friend crashed his bird a few days ago and the gimbal behaves erratically on power on. Tilting and panning every way. I plan on fixing this myself. The video feed still works fine so I'm guessing it's the Gimbal motors? Any ideas will be appreciated thanks.

The motors seem to be working fine, how badly did you crash? Could be a torn ribbon cable. Is there any physical damage.

The motors seem to be working fine, how badly did you crash? Could be a torn ribbon cable. Is there any physical damage.
There's no physical damage on the gimbal. Just broken landing gear. I wouldn't want to replace the cable and still have the same issue.

Same issue after changing gimbal cable. I also noticed the roll motor (the motor that rolls the camera left & right, that maintains balance) gets very hot

I would guess the next step is the roll motor. I work on a lot of these and there is no straight line to the answer. Sometimes it is just guessing

Ok I watched the video.. my bad. It's the yaw motor. Be careful with this repair. You need to keep the yaw motor casing and just replace the windings part. There are magnets in the casing that are matched to the yaw sensor. If you just replace the whole yaw motor it will not center. Please get advise. Where are u located?

Reactions: Odysseus Vrakas

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4