Gimbal anti-drop kit 2 or 4 pins

Reaction score
My Gimbal mounting plate broke and when replacing the plate I attached 'all 4 pins' to the mounting plate. While reading the user manual I noticed the following recommendation which said 'mount them diagonally'. In some posts I saw people using 2 pins diagonally & wire ties for the other 2 holes! Is it OK to put 4 pins in all 4 holes or should I take out 2 pins and use wire ties instead?

1645446866293.png

My Gimbal mounting plate broke and when replacing the plate I attached 'all 4 pins' to the mounting plate. While reading the user manual I noticed the following recommendation which said 'mount them diagonally'. In some posts I saw people using 2 pins diagonally & wire ties for the other 2 holes! Is it OK to put 4 pins in all 4 holes or should I take out 2 pins and use wire ties instead?

View attachment 123548
For me, I go with the two standard anti drop pins. The pins are insurance in case the dampers fail to hold the gimbal. Since the gimbal mounting plates have been known to easily break as yours did, I add two loosely fitted zip ties in the open holes as a bit of added insurance. I also keep a spare mounting plate in my case for emergency use in the field.

Using four anti drop pins can potentially add jello to videos, so my vote would be to use only two.

The video below shows the same way I remove the anti drop pins. Some people simply cut them off.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: jefrona
Thanks Oso, will remove 2 out of 4 pins & use zip ties as suggested. Sure, I remove the pins int he same the video shows: slide the lock down, wait for few seconds and then pull the pin out.

Reactions: Oso

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic