Gimbal “hiccuping”

Reaction score
After crashing my P2 the H3-D3 gimbal started acting strange. First it had a little twitch in the Yaw axis. But now it acts like it has the hiccups. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

What do you mean by hiccups? Why not post a video as it would provide a better description of what you mean. Post what the camera is seeing and one of what the camera is doing so we can see both perspectives.

Last edited:
After crashing my P2 the H3-D3 gimbal started acting strange. First it had a little twitch in the Yaw axis. But now it acts like it has the hiccups. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

What do you mean by hiccups? Why not post a video as it would provide a better description of what you mean. Post what the camera is seeing and one of what the camera is doing so we can see both perspectives.

I had my gimbal go crazy swinging back and forth wildly and it would not stop and it gave me a gimbal overloaded warning. Ihave never had a hard landing and it started the first time I tried the follow me mode. I sent it back and DJI repaired it for free. The camera has hung limp several times since but corrects itself after restarting the aircraft. I don't want to send in for repair if I dont have to and be without it for a couple weeks. I wish they offered a loaner drone while one is in for repair. New warning gimbal roll reached.

Last edited:
Why not try a gimbal reset? There is videos on youtube for that. I am in no way an expert but i have been watching lots of youtube videos about drone gimbals lately lol.

Sorry to hear that, if i were you and i thought it was bricked, i would keep resetting it until the flash is successful. Like i said, i am no expert, so I really just go the hard way when i think things are dead, this is what i did a few days ago with the main controller and on the 3rd try it worked.

Try re flashing the current firmware.
Re flash the quads flight controller with the existing firmware version.
After re flash is complete, treat the drone like you just bought it.
Calibrate IMU.
Calibrate Joy Stick End Points.
Calibrate Compass.
This should correct the issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav