Getting ready to step into the Phanrom 3 world.

Reaction score
Hi, I am new to the forums and drones. Been playing with a cheap SG700 chinese thing to learn the basics and now started noticing Phantom 3 standards 2nd hand here in The Netherlands are not that expensive. Looking around for a nice deal.
Quick question on a borked firmware update-a dude was selling a phantom 3 dirt cheap as he messed up a firmware upgrade that caused the gimbal to keep spinning. Would it be easy enough to fix?
Saw some ideas on Youtube about lining up the gimbal motor etc. Would hate to waste 150 euro on it when I can get a working one for around 300 euro.

Reason I want to play with a drone is I love photography and have some ideas what I want to shoot with a drone. (film and photo) Once I get one I hope to be able to share on here.

Reactions: JazzAir
Quick question on a borked firmware update-a dude was selling a phantom 3 dirt cheap as he messed up a firmware upgrade that caused the gimbal to keep spinning. Would it be easy enough to fix?
Borked firmware updates don't cause the camera to spin in circles. Crashes do though.

Reactions: Astrix
Borked firmware updates don't cause the camera to spin in circles. Crashes do though.

I think he means when you start a phantom up the camera does a little swirl but for him that is all it does. But if indeed a took a hit I'll steer clear.

Just to ensure we understand your problem properly ... when you turn on the drone, the camera will spin around for several seconds then stop. Most call that "the dance." This is normal, if it stops in a few seconds. If you are describing the camera and gimbal that continues to dance around continuously, the drone has a problem. As already stated, the signs of a crash that likely broke or damaged the ribbon cable and maybe other things. Once you fix the ribbon cable, you may then discover additional problems - particularly if it crashed. Personally, I would look for another P3S that works properly at time of sale. Good luck. The P3S are still a great drone to have and fly.

Reactions: alamus
Just to ensure we understand your problem properly ... when you turn on the drone, the camera will spin around for several seconds then stop. Most call that "the dance." This is normal, if it stops in a few seconds. If you are describing the camera and gimbal that continues to dance around continuously, the drone has a problem. As already stated, the signs of a crash that likely broke or damaged the ribbon cable and maybe other things. Once you fix the ribbon cable, you may then discover additional problems - particularly if it crashed. Personally, I would look for another P3S that works properly at time of sale. Good luck. The P3S are still a great drone to have and fly.

yep dancing would be what it does but all the time, I have decided against it and now searching for a phantom 3 SE and trying to sweet talk the wife that I need one ;-)

I think looking elsewhere for a better P3 is a good choice. Good luck finding a good one.
Had my offer accepted on a Phantom 3 SE 13 month old so going to pick it up tomorrow. I hope.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4