Get your old gear out and have some fun. I think the P3S is still a great drone.

Reaction score
Both P4P and Mavic2 in for repairs so dronless and withdrawal symptoms creeping in. The Tello is always fun but you can't take it outside where I live.
But you can take a Phantom 3 Standard out. What fun it is to fly and makes you appreciate how good the new tech is.
theskyview.net

Reactions: Ansia
What happened to your P4P and M2? You should take the Tello out. You will be surprised on how well it performs in the wind. Just remember to put it in fast mode. Obviously the P3S is a way better craft than the Tello. It will never beat one.

A P2 is a blast in Manual Mode.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
P4P rc just packed in, would not respond to anything. DJI replaced it for me. M2 went crazy on me mid flight, frightened the hell out of me. Lost all control and the only way I got it back was RTH and it hardly made that. DJI said there was nothing wrong with it and both were returned today and both working fine.
The only time I took a Tello out on a calm day the wind picked up from nowhere and off it went, never saw it again. Perth is a very windy city, extra fun with the P3S :)

P4P rc just packed in, would not respond to anything. DJI replaced it for me. M2 went crazy on me mid flight, frightened the hell out of me. Lost all control and the only way I got it back was RTH and it hardly made that. DJI said there was nothing wrong with it and both were returned today and both working fine.
The only time I took a Tello out on a calm day the wind picked up from nowhere and off it went, never saw it again. Perth is a very windy city, extra fun with the P3S :)
,,,wind ay come to wellington,city of wind lol,,yes I'm back on the p3s,,still think it bit slow but works ok,,when I saw you on the beach I was waiting for more youngsters to dance again,,:)

I couldn’t agree more about the P3S being a great drone. I had my P3S out yesterday and ran an AutoPilot Follow Mission with the P3S following me as I drove my snowmobile around on the ice. I am continually amazed at the tech packed into this low end drone and at the amazing capabilities the third party software provides to this basic drone. I flew in less than ideal conditions - a wind chill of about -9C, brisk wind, a bulky snowmobile suit and helmet, and bumpy ice conditions - yet the P3S followed me and recorded buttery smooth video always maintaining the pre-programmed height and distance.

This weekend is Family Day weekend in Ontario, so if the weather cooperates, I may go out with the family on our two snow machines and have the P3S Follow us as we go for a ride. Keeping fingers crossed .

Chris

Yes ianzone you beat windy Perth by a long way. Had a fantastic 4 weeks in NZ, I think in 2012, would love to go back again someday. Took loads of vids before I had drones. There are some places there where you can never launch.
Have you still got those crazy rolla coast roads, the faster you went the better the ride?

Both P4P and Mavic2 in for repairs so dronless and withdrawal symptoms creeping in. The Tello is always fun but you can't take it outside where I live.
But you can take a Phantom 3 Standard out. What fun it is to fly and makes you appreciate how good the new tech is.
theskyview.net
I still like to fly my P2V2+, even though I have a P4A. Always take them both out with me.

Reactions: John Gowland

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl