Lookie what I just bought [Probably a Scam]

Reaction score
Buyer beware! You know that old saying "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is".

Well here you go: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281535602568

Description quoted directly from the eBay listing:

"DJI Phantom 2 With H3-3D 3 Axis Gimbal Twins Antenna LCD Ready To Fly Set"

"Item Description
NOTE: This Phantom 2 H3-3D combo presented to you is the upgraded version, the newest version DJI just released.

Upgrades of the Phantom 2

NEW 2312 960KV motor, each motor has stronger lifting power from 600g to 800g.
NEW ESC equipped, best fit for the new 2312 960KV motors.
NEW 9450 propellers, higher lift but less power comsumption.
NEW Transmitter, equipped with Tilt Angle Dial that is much easier to adjust the tilt than the previous tilt lever on the back.
NEW battery level indicator on the transmitter.
NEW built-in rechargeable transmitter battery.
NEW Compass, anti-static compass has been developed with a protect shell

REMARK:

FREE shipping will only be shipped by Airmail/EMS

If you need DHL/FedEx shipping, you need to bare the extra price difference.

Sorry for the inconvenience casued.

An upgraded Phantom DJI just brought you, along with FPV devices for making easy filming, now you are just one step away to be a professional aerial film maker!

When the first quadcopter was released few years ago, people didn’t understand its potential in RC, just thought of it as a relatively easy-to-fly aircraft to enter this hobby, however, nowadays we finally realized what we could change the world with it, and DJI helps us to achieve it perfectly in a simple way.
What are the key factors for aerial filming? Most people will say flight time and reliability. Lack of either of these 2 factors may make your trip turn out to be a disaster. Imagine, when you carry your expensive devices on your multicopter, what would happen if it is not reliable and out of working in the air? Or, when you are filming an important event, but needs to suspend for recharging the battery every 10 minutes? DJI knows what bothers you the most, and solved it by releasing the Phantom 2 to completely change your impression and experience for aerial filming.

With the latest power management technology equipped on the DJI Phantom 2, the flight time is extended from 9 minutes to an unbelievable 25 minutes! Before you see the Phantom 2, you would never imagine it could be achieved. For a normal multicopter you could easily buy in the market, a bigger battery usually doesn’t mean longer flight time as expected, on the contrary, a bigger battery will significantly increase takeoff weight and reduce your flight time. Not only to install a stronger battery on, but the way DJI tunes it is the key, if you knows what’s behind the scene, you’ll know it’s art and magic.

For improving the video quality taken, and easy access to install the camera gimbal, DJI makes the main control board built in the frame to simplify the ordinary soldering and assembly/disassembly process that used to make you headache. Just insert the cables equipped and it will be ready to go, simple and clean.

On the lower side of the landing gear, DJI also added on a comprehensive CAN-BUS port for enhancing the convenience of installing extra gadgets such as the 5.8G Tx/ Rx FPV system. Along with the 5.8G FPV system, you can fly the Phantom by checking the realtime image on screen, useful information such as the direction, altitude, battery capacity, and satellite signals will be provided and accompany you along the way.

Make your step, take the Phantom 2 H3-3D Gimbal FPV Combo and start your journey for being a professional film maker!

H3-3D Detail :

Combo Included :

1. Phantom 2 x 1
2. H3-3D 3 Axis Gimbal x 1
3. FPV 5.8GHz Twins Antenna LCD Screen Receiver Monitor x 1
4. Mini FPV System 5.8G 500mw Wireless AV ( TX Only ) x 1
5. FPV Screen Holder x 1
6. Mini IOSD x 1

*GoPro is not included.

Special Notes:

The Phantom 2 is equipped with DJI Integrated GPS System, it helps you stabilize and position your Phantom in the air, makes you fearless under windy or adverse weather conditions. Especially for beginners, GPS function will help you familiarize your devices and stay away from crashes.
Under certain circumstances, the GPS function may not work perfectly as expected, because the satellite signals received will be influenced by weather and locations. Please make sure you check the GPS signal and battery status before every flight. DO NOT switch on GPS mode while flying around buildings, satellite signals will be blocked by buildings, and cause unpredictable loss.

Easy upgrade to FPV

AV output and video-downlink power cables already installed, ready for upgrade.
Precision Flight and Stable Hovering
Integrated GPS auto-pilot system offers position holding, altitude lock and stable hovering allows attention to be focused on shooting.
25min Flight Time & Intelligent Battery
High capacity, high performance 5200mAh intelligent Lithium Polymer battery offers up to 25 minutes of flight time, with battery capacity data, overcharge/discharge protection and maintenance reminders for greater reliability.

Auto Return-to-Home & Landing
If the Phantom 2 and its controller disconnect during flight for any reason, the Naza-M autopilot system’s failsafe protection will come to the rescue. Outputs of all command sticks on the controller will go to the center position and if the signal is good enough the Phantom 2 will return to home and land automatically. You can also program a One Key Go Home function through the Assistant software.
Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC)
In traditional multirotor flight, forward is tied to the direction of the nose. Using IOC, it flight is much simpler. In Course Lock mode, forward direction is will always be the direction the nose faced at takeoff, while in Home Lock mode forward takes the Phantom 2 back to where it took off. Users can adjust these settings as they please.

Advanced Power Management

Power consumption has been improved by a custom power management system that monitors power capacity and voltage. Low power is indicated by the LED. If power drops below safe levels, the Phantom 2 will land automatically during low battery level.

Easy Battery Replacement
Integrated battery compartment allows for near instant battery changes.
Self-tightening Propeller
Install propellers without worry using self-tightening propellers that only install in the right place. These will also tighten during flight, enhancing safety. All propellers have been carefully and dynamically balanced to eliminate the jello effect.

Phantom 2 Specifications:

What Difference Does the H3-3D Make?
Even if we already are satisfied with the so called “movie grade” image quality provided by standard 2-axis Roll/Tilt compensation gimbal, what DJI wants and provides are something more than we ever ask for. Most of us may have doubts, Does it really make a significant difference to add the Pan-axis compensation to the gimbal? YES, here we can talk out loudly, it does make sense. For a RC helicopter or airplane pilot who gets used to the smooth flight supported by 3-axis gyro helping eliminate tail wagging effect under certain flight conditions, the multirotor flight controller use the same tech as well. However, you could still notice tiny unpredictable left/right movements occurred while filming with standard 2-axis gimbal. Therefore, the extra Pan-axis compensation added to the DJI Zenmuse is now your saviour for getting a professional image from above, it will eliminate unnecessary tail wagging or movements to the right/left captured by your camera, a even smoother and fluent video/image quality you will get now by filming with the H3-3D with your Phantom or other aerial filming platform.
"

Feedback only on two bought items - obvious fake or compromised account.
This happens all the time but people continue to fall for it.
They get a free loan - eventually buyers get refunded - after several weeks.
I guess some just give up and the instigators make a few hundred dollars.

Why even waste your time with something that you know is a scam? You will spend a lot of effort to get your money back.

Or a rich dude giving away Phantoms for dirt cheap prices :lol:

well someone has been stupid enough to fall for it

4 available / 4 sold in 24 hours

oh the ignorance of some

syotr said:
Why even waste your time with something that you know is a scam? You will spend a lot of effort to get your money back.

Whereas I think this a scam, I would've tried to buy it. Believe it or not, E-Bay's Buyer Protection works very well. Last summer, I saw a deal for P2 H3-3D combo NIB for $400. Seemed like a scam, but I went for it. I never received any shipping notices and the seller never responded to my requests. E-Bay refunded my money within 24 hours of my claim. It really wasn't too much of a hassle except for being out $400 for a couple of weeks.

Well the listing has suddenly ended. I wonder if it was truly a mistake and some people got a sick deal or if it was pulled because it was a scam.

Yea, noticed that after I posted ;)

Diesel31 said:
syotr said:

Whereas I think this a scam, I would've tried to buy it. Believe it or not, E-Bay's Buyer Protection works very well. Last summer, I saw a deal for P2 H3-3D combo NIB for $400. Seemed like a scam, but I went for it. I never received any shipping notices and the seller never responded to my requests. E-Bay refunded my money within 24 hours of my claim. It really wasn't too much of a hassle except for being out $400 for a couple of weeks.
For Diesel31: +1

Another way of rooting out these fraudsters is as such (which is what I've done in this particular instance):
1.) Select your quantity and click "Buy Now"
2.) Wait a day or two to see if you receive an eBay Invoice for the items you "bought" from the seller
3.) If after three days, no such invoice is received, send the seller an eBay message requesting one
4.) If you never receive either (a.) an invoice nor (b.) a reply of any kind from the seller. . .
5.) . . . don't send any money

Simple. . . and the only effort expended is possibly 10 whole minutes of your time :mrgreen:

ATC Drone Flyer said:
Buyer beware! You know that old saying "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is".

Well here you go: http://www.ebay.com/itm/281535602568

Description quoted directly from the eBay listing:

"DJI Phantom 2 With H3-3D 3 Axis Gimbal Twins Antenna LCD Ready To Fly Set"

"Item Description
NOTE: This Phantom 2 H3-3D combo presented to you is the upgraded version, the newest version DJI just released.

Upgrades of the Phantom 2

NEW 2312 960KV motor, each motor has stronger lifting power from 600g to 800g.
NEW ESC equipped, best fit for the new 2312 960KV motors.
NEW 9450 propellers, higher lift but less power comsumption.
NEW Transmitter, equipped with Tilt Angle Dial that is much easier to adjust the tilt than the previous tilt lever on the back.
NEW battery level indicator on the transmitter.
NEW built-in rechargeable transmitter battery.
NEW Compass, anti-static compass has been developed with a protect shell

REMARK:

FREE shipping will only be shipped by Airmail/EMS

If you need DHL/FedEx shipping, you need to bare the extra price difference.

Sorry for the inconvenience casued.

An upgraded Phantom DJI just brought you, along with FPV devices for making easy filming, now you are just one step away to be a professional aerial film maker!

When the first quadcopter was released few years ago, people didn’t understand its potential in RC, just thought of it as a relatively easy-to-fly aircraft to enter this hobby, however, nowadays we finally realized what we could change the world with it, and DJI helps us to achieve it perfectly in a simple way.
What are the key factors for aerial filming? Most people will say flight time and reliability. Lack of either of these 2 factors may make your trip turn out to be a disaster. Imagine, when you carry your expensive devices on your multicopter, what would happen if it is not reliable and out of working in the air? Or, when you are filming an important event, but needs to suspend for recharging the battery every 10 minutes? DJI knows what bothers you the most, and solved it by releasing the Phantom 2 to completely change your impression and experience for aerial filming.

With the latest power management technology equipped on the DJI Phantom 2, the flight time is extended from 9 minutes to an unbelievable 25 minutes! Before you see the Phantom 2, you would never imagine it could be achieved. For a normal multicopter you could easily buy in the market, a bigger battery usually doesn’t mean longer flight time as expected, on the contrary, a bigger battery will significantly increase takeoff weight and reduce your flight time. Not only to install a stronger battery on, but the way DJI tunes it is the key, if you knows what’s behind the scene, you’ll know it’s art and magic.

For improving the video quality taken, and easy access to install the camera gimbal, DJI makes the main control board built in the frame to simplify the ordinary soldering and assembly/disassembly process that used to make you headache. Just insert the cables equipped and it will be ready to go, simple and clean.

On the lower side of the landing gear, DJI also added on a comprehensive CAN-BUS port for enhancing the convenience of installing extra gadgets such as the 5.8G Tx/ Rx FPV system. Along with the 5.8G FPV system, you can fly the Phantom by checking the realtime image on screen, useful information such as the direction, altitude, battery capacity, and satellite signals will be provided and accompany you along the way.

Make your step, take the Phantom 2 H3-3D Gimbal FPV Combo and start your journey for being a professional film maker!

H3-3D Detail :

Combo Included :

1. Phantom 2 x 1
2. H3-3D 3 Axis Gimbal x 1
3. FPV 5.8GHz Twins Antenna LCD Screen Receiver Monitor x 1
4. Mini FPV System 5.8G 500mw Wireless AV ( TX Only ) x 1
5. FPV Screen Holder x 1
6. Mini IOSD x 1

*GoPro is not included.

Special Notes:

The Phantom 2 is equipped with DJI Integrated GPS System, it helps you stabilize and position your Phantom in the air, makes you fearless under windy or adverse weather conditions. Especially for beginners, GPS function will help you familiarize your devices and stay away from crashes.
Under certain circumstances, the GPS function may not work perfectly as expected, because the satellite signals received will be influenced by weather and locations. Please make sure you check the GPS signal and battery status before every flight. DO NOT switch on GPS mode while flying around buildings, satellite signals will be blocked by buildings, and cause unpredictable loss.

Easy upgrade to FPV

AV output and video-downlink power cables already installed, ready for upgrade.
Precision Flight and Stable Hovering
Integrated GPS auto-pilot system offers position holding, altitude lock and stable hovering allows attention to be focused on shooting.
25min Flight Time & Intelligent Battery
High capacity, high performance 5200mAh intelligent Lithium Polymer battery offers up to 25 minutes of flight time, with battery capacity data, overcharge/discharge protection and maintenance reminders for greater reliability.

Auto Return-to-Home & Landing
If the Phantom 2 and its controller disconnect during flight for any reason, the Naza-M autopilot system’s failsafe protection will come to the rescue. Outputs of all command sticks on the controller will go to the center position and if the signal is good enough the Phantom 2 will return to home and land automatically. You can also program a One Key Go Home function through the Assistant software.
Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC)
In traditional multirotor flight, forward is tied to the direction of the nose. Using IOC, it flight is much simpler. In Course Lock mode, forward direction is will always be the direction the nose faced at takeoff, while in Home Lock mode forward takes the Phantom 2 back to where it took off. Users can adjust these settings as they please.

Advanced Power Management

Power consumption has been improved by a custom power management system that monitors power capacity and voltage. Low power is indicated by the LED. If power drops below safe levels, the Phantom 2 will land automatically during low battery level.

Easy Battery Replacement
Integrated battery compartment allows for near instant battery changes.
Self-tightening Propeller
Install propellers without worry using self-tightening propellers that only install in the right place. These will also tighten during flight, enhancing safety. All propellers have been carefully and dynamically balanced to eliminate the jello effect.

Phantom 2 Specifications:

What Difference Does the H3-3D Make?
Even if we already are satisfied with the so called “movie grade” image quality provided by standard 2-axis Roll/Tilt compensation gimbal, what DJI wants and provides are something more than we ever ask for. Most of us may have doubts, Does it really make a significant difference to add the Pan-axis compensation to the gimbal? YES, here we can talk out loudly, it does make sense. For a RC helicopter or airplane pilot who gets used to the smooth flight supported by 3-axis gyro helping eliminate tail wagging effect under certain flight conditions, the multirotor flight controller use the same tech as well. However, you could still notice tiny unpredictable left/right movements occurred while filming with standard 2-axis gimbal. Therefore, the extra Pan-axis compensation added to the DJI Zenmuse is now your saviour for getting a professional image from above, it will eliminate unnecessary tail wagging or movements to the right/left captured by your camera, a even smoother and fluent video/image quality you will get now by filming with the H3-3D with your Phantom or other aerial filming platform.
"

And, it shows 8 have been sold. I wonder what they really get. I've bought some bargains on eBay, with nice emails from the seller. Then the emails stop and I never got the product. But, ebay did refund my money.

ATC Drone Flyer said:
Diesel31 said:
syotr said:

For Diesel31: +1

Another way of rooting out these fraudsters is as such (which is what I've done in this particular instance):
1.) Select your quantity and click "Buy Now"
2.) Wait a day or two to see if you receive an eBay Invoice for the items you "bought" from the seller
3.) If after three days, no such invoice is received, send the seller an eBay message requesting one
4.) If you never receive either (a.) an invoice nor (b.) a reply of any kind from the seller. . .
5.) . . . don't send any money

Simple. . . and the only effort expended is possibly 10 whole minutes of your time :mrgreen:

I have had the same experience. Ebay always refunds my money. I just hope they take away their right to sell.

I just checked up on him. He has been an EBay seller since 2011. He has a 100% customer satisfaction rating, but only two ratings. That last part sounds strange. Frankly, if he had them in stock, I would buy one. The worst that can happen is having that money tied up until Ebay refunds the money.

I emailed him and asked if he will be getting more in. I also asked how he can sell them so low. I did it to see what he says!

PhantomFanatic said:
I emailed him and asked if he will be getting more in. I also asked how he can sell them so low. I did it to see what he says!
More than likely he/she won't say anything AT ALL. Since the listing ended, I've sent the "seller" three messages. Thus far, no reply whatsoever. . .

I'll bet this was a fake. Just like the one Dirk listed. The scammer would send you total junk and to get your money refunded you had to send it back with proof or tracking. shipping back cost almost as much as you spent. So you take the loss and crook makes many bucks.

Happyflyer said:
I'll bet this was a fake. Just like the one Dirk listed. The scammer would send you total junk and to get your money refunded you had to send it back with proof or tracking. shipping back cost almost as much as you spent. So you take the loss and crook makes many bucks.

But, it seems like Ebay would help you out in that situation. Any merchant who advertises a great product, but sends something different and cheaper wouldn't last long on Amazon. I know that for a fact. I don't know about Ebay as I haven't started selling there, yet.

PhantomFanatic said:
Happyflyer said:

But, it seems like Ebay would help you out in that situation. Any merchant who advertises a great product, but sends something different and cheaper wouldn't last long on Amazon. I know that for a fact. I don't know about Ebay as I haven't started selling there, yet.
Only if you send it back with proof. To send back the junk I received would have cost $47.00 so I could get a $20.00 refund. Both Ebay and PayPal would not except a post office receipt. First class or global priority mail with tracking only. Far to expensive.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20