Get telemetry on videos

Reaction score
Maybe I’m overlooking something but I would love to figure out how to get flight telemetry on some videos and /or pics On my Phantom 3 SE. Is there a way to do this? Something like this

Attachments

• 7B110069-0286-4696-9044-57F6822182B9.jpeg
    7B110069-0286-4696-9044-57F6822182B9.jpeg
    135.5 KB · Views: 201
I do screen recordings when I want the app screen in them.
Course they are not the quality from the card but is what I do.

Maybe I’m overlooking something but I would love to figure out how to get flight telemetry on some videos and /or pics On my Phantom 3 SE. Is there a way to do this?
Its a lot of work but DashWare will do it. Dashware

Thanks for the info guys. Still just learning here. Loving being in the skies though

I saw Dashware some time ago and never tried it because it looked like too much work. Hopefully someone will answer your question. I see a lot of YouTube videos were people are doing it. I cant believe they all go to the trouble with Dashware!

If you are using an apple device, this is what I do:

How to record the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
  1. Go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls, then tap next to Screen Recording.
  2. Swipe up from the bottom edge of any screen. ...
  3. Press deeply on and tap Microphone.
  4. Tap Start Recording, then wait for the three-second countdown.
  5. Open Control Center and tap record .

Guess it depends which device you have I swipe down from
the top right. I don’t have to go into settings it’s just there.
8FA6855D-3CE5-4C37-AB60-52FEBA0BE7B1.png Right under the speaker emblem. Counts down from 3.
Course now it does show the whole Go App screen. You could make the map go away but
it still might be more than you want. Here's an examble with me doing a precision landing just so ya can see.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: skymonkey
You are correct. My post was to show how to get the record button activated for the first time so it will show when swiping to the control
Guess it depends which device you have I swipe down from
the top right. I don’t have to go into settings it’s just there.
View attachment 115274 Right under the speaker emblem. Counts down from 3.
Course now it does show the whole Go App screen. You could make the map go away but
it still might be more than you want. Here's an examble with me doing a precision landing just so ya can see.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
You are correct,
My post was describing how to enable screen recordings in the control panel you swiped to. All Ipads don't come with it enabled as a default so you have to go to setting to enable it before it will show in the control panel you show swiping to.

Reactions: dirkclod
The only android device that I "know" has it built in is the Nvidia K1 Shield. I often fly my SE using the K1 in hot summer weather where the ipad runs hot and quits.

Thanks Bandit. I use the Shield tablet for my P4P. I am guessing it has it because it is a gaming tablet. I will check it out. May need to ask you some question of I can't figure it out. Will let you know.

Thanks Bandit. I use the Shield tablet for my P4P. I am guessing it has it because it is a gaming tablet. I will check it out. May need to ask you some question of I can't figure it out. Will let you know.
On occasion I also use my K1 to screen record. It's built in. The hard part was finding the recordings!

Reactions: BanditsRoost
I cant figure out how to do it on my K1. Looks like it may have been removed on Android 7.0 and it doesn't sound like there are going to have anymore updates. How do you do the screen record? And what version of Android are you on?

Last edited:
I cant figure out how to do it on my K1. Looks like it may have been removed on Android 7.0 and it doesn't sound like there are going to have anymore updates. How do you do the screen record? And what version of Android are you on?
Swipe down from top right to get control window. Tap "share". It's a small video camera icon. Then you have several record options. ( Nougat, version 7.0)

Last edited:
Wow, thanks so much! I never would have found this on my own.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic