Get rid of the props in your Gopro Footage.

Hmm, this is my first post since I'm about to take the plunge to get a phantom 2 system. I assume this is only an issue when you have the camera looking straight on the system, if you tilt it down a bit you dont see the props? I also guess another suggestion is to just fly the device backwards?

Any more thoughts on this topic, its kinda silly to see the props in the video unless your going for that sort of thing :ugeek:

stevet said:
if you tilt it down a bit you dont see the props?

That is correct. Of course if you tilt it down just enough to preclude seeing the props, when you hit hard forward, the Vision will dip forward and the gimbal will try to maintain its horizontal orientation ... and you may see the props again until it levels back up.

Ah... I like the super view too, darn props. I am new to the gopro as well. I aim the camera just a little down to try and avoid the props. My FPV has failed so I'm just guessing how much to aim down until I can replace the AVL58.

But is pro tune better than super view?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almmohd said:
Ah... I like the super view too, darn props. I am new to the gopro as well. I aim the camera just a little down to try and avoid the props. My FPV has failed so I'm just guessing how much to aim down until I can replace the AVL58.

But is pro tune better than super view?

Protune is not a resolution, its supposed to be similar to RAW in photographs. I have been using it on all of my films but today I flew with another forum member and we exchanged gopro footage. Both shot in the same resolution mine using protune and his without. His footage is miles better than mine. I realise protune has no sharpening etc but no matter what I do to it I cannot match his quality.

Oh, so much to learn :) you need an editor for the protune, right? What do you use?

Shrimpfarmer said:
Protune is not a resolution, its supposed to be similar to RAW in photographs. I have been using it on all of my films but today I flew with another forum member and we exchanged gopro footage. Both shot in the same resolution mine using protune and his without. His footage is miles better than mine. I realise protune has no sharpening etc but no matter what I do to it I cannot match his quality.

I have my own frustrations with the Protune workflow but it is better than non-Protune once you get the right grading, de-noising and sharpening techniques worked out. There's just more data in the Protune clip than non-Protune. The extra latitude alone is worth it. Rendering clips through GoPro Studio is the easiest way to do it as it will set maximum exposure and color saturation, etc. Often still needs further adjustments and definitely needs noise reduction and sharpening.

Aside from cropping in post, fitting longer landing gear then lowering the gimbal rig would be the only way to physically banish those camera hungry props. Here's an interesting device...

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1589731/ ... lease.html

Be good to hear from anyone who's tried this, I don't fancy being a beta tester for it :p

Jaybee said:
Aside from cropping in post, fitting longer landing gear then lowering the gimbal rig would be the only way to physically banish those camera hungry props. Here's an interesting device...

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1589731/ ... lease.html

Be good to hear from anyone who's tried this, I don't fancy being a beta tester for it :p

Be very careful with ANYTHING from that seller on Shapeways! He doesn't test anything he makes and is just guessing in the dark.

ianwood said:
Be very careful with ANYTHING from that seller on Shapeways! He doesn't test anything he makes and is just guessing in the dark.
That's kinda what I meant by beta tester! :D I read some pretty annoyed comments on one of his products :shock:

I guess it's easy enough for anyone to bang together 'ideas' in a 3D app and send it over to Shapeways.

Funny though, I was thinking about the implications of lowering the gimbal rig yesterday. Guess the main issue is always going to be stability from wind drag.

I'm sure all this will get easier to manage when the GoPro 4 surfaces, no doubt it will do 2.7k at 60fps.

I need a good tutorial for absolute newbies :$

I recommend watching this tutorial and other ones he does.. great stuff.. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tnQLPO-8TY[/youtube]

stevet said:
I recommend watching this tutorial and other ones he does.. great stuff.. [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tnQLPO-8TY[/youtube]

Mitch has some excellent video's and tips

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers