Get Member "Pull_Up" Autograph

Reaction score
I'm not sure how many of you get a chance to socialize with any member's here, but several are very creditable in different ways. With in a short time from now I'm hoping to meet a number member's.

In the meantime I had gotten plenty of support and advice from member Pull_Up. I do stuff in another sport I have been involved in since the beginning of man. And there is times that some of what I do includes time spent on youtube. Anyway, if you get a chance to check out Pull_Up's channel on youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/Nomisnotwen?feature=watch he has a lot of dedication to DJI stuff mostly Phantom 2 Vision. I've now watched several of his video's on the P2V and each time he continues to get better. He's actually now giving some great updates that cover the world of the P2V and things connected to it. Has a class of wine waiting on him as a way to say a job well done with giving detailed info.

He wont admit it, but he is all over the place. And one of the nicest things I have learned about him is, he doesn't neglect his family. He has his family involved the scene but none the less they spend time together as a family.

Now I'll admit he does like to use the word "UM" a lot, but that is much better then what I have seen out of others. Some guys snort, sniff, constantly clearing their throats as if they're doing cocaine or meth.lol! You visit his channel you will soon learn his first name is Simon and I say that so you know you are watching his stuff when you see the name attached. At any rate, I have always appreciated those that have much dedication and passion like Simon has. If you get a chance check out some of his stuff.....

Yup!! He is doing a great job with all the information and youtube video's! Thanks Simon!

But i'm still in the waiting list for his autograph.. Did a pre-order but probably to late :roll:

Slinger, myself, and a few others have petitioned and secured a modern & patronly version of Le Privilège du Blanc for Pull_Up for an upcoming Papal audience with his Pontiff. Rumor has it he stands a good chance of entering the conclave and becoming incardinated as principal Dean of the Diocese of Her Holy Phantom Pilots based out of Oxfordshire. Following in the footsteps of his Eminence he will be more than happy to kiss your Phantom, mend your rotorpellers, and pet your dagg (if you have one), otherwise an autograph may not be too far out of the question so long as you donate generously to his humble cause; sipping & sharing good spirits with one and all and finding new homes for abused & abandoned Lego's for the needy. Hear, here!

iDrone ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 1,020
I too have benefited from his generosity with time and patience, I am sure so have many others. He has helped me get started in RC flying. I wasn't going to put anything on the forum through not wanting to embarrass him, but it's a bit late for that. So Thanks mate, :D :D :D ;)

Steve

<sigh> Frank, if I get better no one will watch. To make amends for any improvements I'm waiting for a quick vid to render right now with some excellent "dog drinks from water bowl" audio and a ridiculous jump cut at the end because I couldn't be bothered to do the whole thing again.

Erm, well I don't quite know what to say about this thread! Thank you. Glad you get something out of the silliness: be it information on your aircraft, amusement at my mannerisms, a "how not to create professional videos" workshop, or some decent red wine recommendations (the Tempranillo in the video the other night was very good! None in this morning's vid - too early even for me). I try and post on here with a mixture of good info, good humour, good grammar and good debate.

However I need to make sure that people are aware I'm not a guru, or infallible, nor do I know everything, and I don't hold myself out as such (although I know some have commented that they think I do - if that's the case that's my fault for my way of presenting what I said, not theirs for thinking that). I happened to get in on the ground floor with the Vision, so I've gone through most of the questions and problems everyone has had, just a bit earlier. I'm also cursed with a bit of a photographic memory, so my recall of things like manuals, and stuff I've read on forum posts, etc, tends to stick. That and I know what a pain in the backside forum search systems can be, how intimidating some of these places can appear, and how some members can be "challenging"! We were all newbies once... There are plenty of others here who are very generous with their time and advice, and there are certainly members with way more technical, electronics and engineering experience than I. Don't forget I famously still don't own a soldering iron!

Thanks again for the kind words - although I feel this thread might attract negative posts like the dog's droppings attract flies! I'm lucky enough to be a full-time stay-at-home dad to two brilliant kids: the older one is shaping up to be a good pilot and the younger one isn't interested because the Vision isn't designed to carry a Disney Princess. When they are both in pre-school/school and in the evenings after bedtime I can fiddle around with my "noisy helicopter". And I have a fantastic wife who lets me off if I haven't quite finished all the household chores for the day because the weather was flyable, or because someone asked a question I couldn't be bothered to type the answer to and filmed it, instead.

Right enough of this nonsense, I need to go and clean out my porch - and no, that's not a euphemism. ;)

+10 on Pull-up generosity......he's helped me countless times, ans is very knowledgeable !!! and bloody dry sarcastic sense of humor as well.....thanks Simon!

+10 for humility and pragmatism... and DOGS!

I have never collected autographs... but he can do a flyover anytime he wants at my place; coffee and dog hair are free.

I bought my P2V and hit this forum just about the same time as Pull_up, and we've both been through all of the initial issues, updates, issues with updates, etc... He's made me laugh out loud more times than I can count. I've also found his videos extremely helpful. The booze and the dog have become expected elements.

We're lucky as hell to have him here. I've never seen anyone do a better job of keeping things light when problematic personalities make things difficult.

He's a helluva guy, for a redcoat... :D

-slinger

Two thumbs up for the comments regards Pull_Up
(Hope that translates well to the King's English)

Pull_Up said:
King?! What's happened to Liz?? <checks bbc.co.uk/news>

Taylor? Oh, wait ...

I know it seems she's been queen forever (just a few years short of my lifetime, in fact), but I imagined English was spoken before then ... I'll have to Google that. :D

All I can add is.... every time I watch one of his videos, its cost me $$$

And I thank him for spending my money.... Something is wrong with this picture.

No, Really, You are a great inspiration to a lot of us phantom pilots.
Thanks
Allan

PS... I hope you really do get your new gimbal. (this is not a trick - is it) :)

I have no doubt I'd be lost without Pull_Up.
In an already superb community, he is the guiding light that I look first to every morning.
Thanks for all you do to make us better than we ever could have been!
I have my Sharpie and Roto-Cap ready ...

Re: Get Member

Pull_Up said:
See? Can't even post without doing a duplicate...

twit!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl