Get Google maps back on latest version of DJI Go (ROOT)

Reaction score
Hi guys, unsure if anyone has posted this before, but you can get Google maps back in dji go, even in the latest version if you have root.

Requirements:
Android Device (sorry Apple users)
Root (SU/Magisk. Doesn't really matter)
DisableService app off Google play store
Get it here: Disable Service - Android Apps on Google Play

Instructions:
If you have a rooted android device, download and install the DisableService application.
Open it and scroll down to the DJI Go app under the "3rd party services" tab. Tap on dji go and then uncheck the tick box next to "MapService".
Grant super user rights if requested.

Close the DisableService app and open DJI go as you normally would, and you should have Google maps back :)

To get Here maps back, just re-check the tick box.

You will need to redo this whenever the app updates from the play store

Is this still a valid question? My version 3.1.28. is using google maps. I had to download the area I'm flying to my phone through Google Maps. No cell service here.

But to answer why this service might not be available: Google charges for commercial use of the google maps api. I suspect the lack of google maps in Go is simply an attempt to avoid paying. Or keeping prices down ;-)

Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc
Cameronb1 is right. I rooted my Nexus7 last night. Using the DisableService app to toggle off MapService works great on DJI GO version 3.1.28 but have not tried it on 3.1.30 and 3.1.34 yet.
I'm quite pleased with DJI GO now!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20