German Shepherd destroyed my P3 4k

Really......That dog could have been sliced to pieces But with the dog leaping UP and pulling the drone down by the landing gear with the 4 sharp blades even near idle and just inches from his eyes and veins in his throat...." That's ONE very lucky dog "....it could have caused the dog his life !

When i fly at a few local parks where dogs are walking with a leash...i seen quite well how they want to get that drone...some tear at the lease as the owner struggles to hold it.

He got very lucky. That's for sure, most of his injuries were just his gums from biting the hard plastic. But no prop strikes or anything.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
The dog is fine, shockingly. You can see blood on the drone in the pic afterwards. I think that was from chewing vs a blade strike. Haha. He's a tough sob. Glad hes ok!
I would make that dog pay for it or take him to Judge Judy Court!!(don't mean to make fun of ure lost,but you have such a powerful looking dog,it can take it)Why were you driving around didn't you have eyes on ure Phantom?

I would make that dog pay for it or take him to Judge Judy Court!!(don't mean to make fun of ure lost,but you have such a powerful looking dog,it can take it)Why were you driving around didn't you have eyes on ure Phantom?
I did have eyes on it. However, the sky was grey/white hue since the snow was coming in. After I lost visual of it, my thought was to drive up the street towards the last GPS location of it. Didn't quite work out. I firmly believed after trying to hit the RTH button, which was unsuccessful that it would just hover until ran out of battery. Then I remembered, the home point was set and dawned on me that it SHOULD return home, which it did. However my dog beat me to the punch. LOL. Had I been there like 5 mins earlier or so. I could have had a sucessful recovery without my dog destroying it.

That technology was amazing. My friend had a Parrot that he flew 1.2 miles to a lagoon over a highway from a bluff, he lost signal and visual. He started walking back in anger thinking he lost it. The drone actually flew past him as he was walking back with my brother, recorded the whole incident and touched down in the front lawn of the house !!!!! hahaha. Pretty nutty. There it was on the lawn with all the lights on.!

Last edited:
Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I am sorry... It sucks that your drone was destroyed, but this made me laugh out loud in my office... The shot of him leaping and yanking it out of the sky and then mauling it.... LOL

Reactions: MTO
I decided to fly my P3 4k in a light winter snowfall. I flew the drone from my backyard, I had a combination of power lines that caused interference with my signal. By that time, my drone was already 200 ft or so in the air and a gust of wind pushed it backwards. Frantic, I tried to steer it in the direction back towards my house. But the interference caused a signal loss with the P3's weak Wifi transmitter. Sigh...

So not being able to visually spot it anymore in the snowy sky, I decided to drive around and look for it. I hit the return to home RTH as a last resort. Didn't work. So I decided to come back home and saw my dog was getting finished attacking it. Haha. sucks. The damage is pretty bad, he bit through the motherboard. Lesson learned! My dog hates drones! The landing with RTH was actually amazing! It was set up nicely for a landing or approach.

I would say I'm experienced drone pilot with no mishaps, but Murphy's law took over this time!

Enjoy!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I hate that happen to your Aircraft and thankfully your dog is not cut up from the blades. My Border Collie did the same thing a couple weeks ago while my P3P was taking off . Got about 5 foot up and she came from behind me jumped up grabbed the bottom runners and slammed it to the ground . Scared the crap out of me . All i could do is stand there and watch with my jaw dropped . Dogs fine and the P3P if fine but my nerves sure took a Hit . :)

Sorry to laugh. at one point looked like he was headed for the house door to say. Look dad. Look what I found. I cleaned it up for you.

Does anyone know where to get a P-3 advanced for under 500? I don't think I can salvage this one. But I'm setup for the P3 with my hardshell and batteries with gear. I looked on Ebay. hard to say really. I really want the lightbridge tech after this incident, the Wifi is shoddy at best and limited.
E Bay/ crags list

Does anyone know where to get a P-3 advanced for under 500? I don't think I can salvage this one. But I'm setup for the P3 with my hardshell and batteries with gear. I looked on Ebay. hard to say really. I really want the lightbridge tech after this incident, the Wifi is shoddy at best and limited.
Look on eBay, there are lots of them on there over here in the UK.

Love to post/video! The first "rule" DJI tell you is to check your flying area. Do NOT fly where there may be strong magnetic fields".

E Bay/ crags list
I have a p3 pro. All works. Painted black. However. Needs to be updated. I tried to update remote and now the bird needs it to sync. I’m not messing with it anymore. $250 for all. It’s no doubt it works.

I have a p3 pro. All works. Painted black. However. Needs to be updated. I tried to update remote and now the bird needs it to sync. I’m not messing with it anymore. $250 for all. It’s no doubt it works.

Send me a PM with details, I may pick that up off you. Location?

Thanks,

LOL that's cool and looks cold,,hope ya dog all good,,,dog done impression of handcatch,must have been watching you in past ,,sorry about the poor p34k,,great home alarm system, detect and catch :)thanks for sharing
Schatzy is gonna have trouble passing that circuit board, methinks.

Stella approves!

Attachments

• smaller for web posting.jpg
    smaller for web posting.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 93
I decided to fly my P3 4k in a light winter snowfall. I flew the drone from my backyard, I had a combination of power lines that caused interference with my signal. By that time, my drone was already 200 ft or so in the air and a gust of wind pushed it backwards. Frantic, I tried to steer it in the direction back towards my house. But the interference caused a signal loss with the P3's weak Wifi transmitter. Sigh...

So not being able to visually spot it anymore in the snowy sky, I decided to drive around and look for it. I hit the return to home RTH as a last resort. Didn't work. So I decided to come back home and saw my dog was getting finished attacking it. Haha. sucks. The damage is pretty bad, he bit through the motherboard. Lesson learned! My dog hates drones! The landing with RTH was actually amazing! It was set up nicely for a landing or approach.

I would say I'm experienced drone pilot with no mishaps, but Murphy's law took over this time!

Enjoy!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Fate has given you a good reason to buy a new one! Sorry for your loss though.

Nick nack paddy whack give the dog a drone..... sorry, I’ll go now.

Gorgeous Shepherd, he would pass for the big brother of the ***** I once had. Brilliant dogs. :)

That is priceless! Sorry about the Quad!

Looks like he walked around with it in a Victory Lap too:p

Reactions: rfaaj

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic