geotag elevation/ photo tagged elevation?

Reaction score
hey guys i'm wondering which elevation is correct...

i have GPS coordinate from my photos and

i have processed from RTKPost and extracted my geotag coordinates.

I don't understand why it's different i haven't changed any setting to adjust too much.

which one is more reliable to use? i assume that the one from RTKpost....?

and elevation is completely different can someone explain meaning for those two elevation difference? and which one to use when i process in pix4d?

thank you.

Attachments

• snap1.PNG
    snap1.PNG
    6.6 KB · Views: 293
  • snap2.PNG
    snap2.PNG
    1.3 KB · Views: 312
I don't understand why it's different i haven't changed any setting to adjust too much.
They are near enough to the same location.
The only difference is that one is expressed in degrees, minutes & seconds and the other is in degrees and decimal degrees

which one is more reliable to use? i assume that the one from RTKpost....?
and elevation is completely different can someone explain meaning for those two elevation difference? and which one to use when i process in pix4d?
I'd need more info to know where your altitude numbers came from.
If pix4D is like most of the mapping packages, you just pour everything in and it gets sorted out in the wash.
It's probably a good idea to try it for a simple exercise without complicating things with RTK processing.

They are near enough to the same location.
The only difference is that one is expressed in degrees, minutes & seconds and the other is in degrees and decimal degrees

I'd need more info to know where your altitude numbers came from.
If pix4D is like most of the mapping packages, you just pour everything in and it gets sorted out in the wash.
It's probably a good idea to try it for a simple exercise without complicating things with RTK processing.

it's not from pix4d.... its from RTKPost - excel, the photo is the actual GPS position i think. it should be same but latitude and longitude are slightly different and heights completely different...

it's not from pix4d.... its from RTKPost - excel, the photo is the actual GPS position i think. it should be same but latitude and longitude are slightly different and heights completely different...
Like I said, I'd need to know more about where the altitude numbers came from.
I've never used RTH post processing so have no idea what it does to come up with altitude figures.
The images straight from the Phantom have two different altitude numbers in them.
The altitude you see on your screen is one but it's hidden deeper is the aland probably not seen by the photogrammetry software.
The other is labelled GPS altitude (although it doesn't come from the GPS) and it gives an approximate altitude above sea level (that can have a significant error).

please find the attached data to review.

let me know if you have different thoughts or better outcome from what i have.

file contains,
original photos, base/rover log files, RTKpost configuration i used.

link:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4