Genuine P3 battery from Amazon

Reaction score
I'm not in the habit of serving as the marketing partner for Amazon, or their "trusted sellers" but I thought with all the China knock offs floating around, and as a service to our forum members I can report that this discounted P3 battery that I bought appears to be the real thing.

Amazon.com : DJI DJI-P3-Battery Intelligent Battery for Phantom 3 Drones (White) : Camera & Photo

Even with the knowledgeable assurances I received from 'Phantom Help' there were a couple of reviews on the page that concerned me, but barring anything I find after I fly with it and check the output from DJI GO and Lichi, it looks good 'ta go...now I'll wait for the price to drop further. Here are some photos.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I'd say that's the real deal.
Like the saying goes, "if it looks too good to be true, it probably is" when it comes to getting bargain batteries.
Out of curiosity, I yesterday tested my P3A with the knock-off I was sent and subsequently refunded.
A few seconds after starting the props it shut down and displayed "non genuine DJI battery" or words to that effect.
Your bird will tell you if it's genuine, that is until they learn to hack that too.

There are almost always multiple people selling the same product on Amazon. In this case, when you pull up the Phantom 3 battery listing, you'll see there are 152 people selling it:

Amazon 1.png

Amazon will automatically show you the best possible listing from all available sellers. By that, I mean they will show you the most inexpensive item, that is in stock, and is shipped by Amazon. In most cases, that's usually the item you want to buy.

Now, the issue is that sometimes a seller will list their third party knock-off battery along with the other legit sellers who are selling an OEM DJI battery. Since the listing claims to be the OEM DJI battery, people order it thinking that's what they are going to receive.

What can you do to protect yourself?

First, always buy a battery that is shipped by Amazon. If shipped by Amazon, the listing will indicate that -- like this:

Amazon 2.png

That way, if you happen to get a knock-off battery (not likely), then you can easily return it to Amazon. Just box it back up and ship it back to Amazon on their dime. They'll refund you as soon as you drop your package off at UPS.

Second, you could pay a little more and buy from an authorized DJI dealer. Sometimes, the cheapest seller is an authorized DJI dealer. That's usually not the case when buying Phantom 3 batteries though. To find an authorized DJI dealer, do the following:

1) Click the link to find all sellers who are selling the new, unopened product:

Amazon 1.png

2) Scroll down through the list of sellers until you find an authorized DJI dealer. In many cases, the seller will identify if they are an authorized DJI dealer.

Amazon 3.png

3) Click the "Add to cart" button to buy from your chosen seller.

Amazon 45.png

In this case, the cheapest battery is $121 or $129 if you want to be 100% sure the battery is being sold by an authorized DJI dealer.

Personally, I would just buy the battery that Amazon recommends as the best option. Most people who receive knock-off batteries are actually buying them from listings that are selling knock-off batteries. They look so close to the real thing that people often do not notice they are different.

I bought the 2 pack from this same seller Camrise but noticed some variation in the reading on the GO app.

1. The total capacity is 4380mAh
2. The cells are out of sync

Attachments

• DJI Battery.png
    DJI Battery.png
    250.9 KB · Views: 505
Pretty good deal. I picked up a 2-pack bundle for $220 last week, same battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic