Amazon sold me fake "Genuine DJI" props. Warning.

WOW. Amazon sold me fake "Genuine DJI" props. And the seller was Amazon too, not 3rd party. I received them today and they just felt off. Lots of flash on the edges too. I went to pick up a set at Best Buy just now and the Best buy ones actually say DJI on them and are a lot heavier and less flexible. The packages looked almost identical. The fakes came with no instructions and no plastic wrap on the hub. Buyer beware.

Amazon.com : DJI Genuine DJI Phantom 3 9450 Props Part #09 Self-Tightening Propeller 9" All Composite For Professional and Advanced, 2 Pairs : Camera & Photo

Always read customer reviews!!!! Top Customer Review on the site says they are knockoffs and the product only rates of 3.5 stars with 400 ratings. Very Poor.

:confused: You obviously have zero clue as to how commerce works. :rolleyes:
I used to work at Best Buy and I do know how store returns work. I'm still not advocating what the poster did. It's why merchants need to require defective products be returned in order to get a refund or replacement.

I agree that it's unethical as hell, but in the end, defective batteries returned to the store get sent back to DJI and the retailer is credited, so it's not like Best Buy had to eat the cost of the battery.

What I did was not unethical --- I simply facilitated the return of a defective battery to DJI via Best Buy rather than Amazon --- both retailers are legally obligated to return defective merchandise to the manufacturer --- who then refurbs the product and resells it to the consumers through the same retail channels.

Always read customer reviews!!!! Top Customer Review on the site says they are knockoffs and the product only rates of 3.5 stars with 400 ratings. Very Poor.
Yeah, the starter of this thread posted that review. That is the OPs review on Amazon. He says so in this thread...

You could always buy these from Amazon... at $20 PER BLADE I'm sure they must be the real thing.

I don't even know how this approaches anything that makes sense.

(Genuine, unaltered, unphotoshopped screenshot of an Amazon email I received this morning).
f001c3a5ae3a10a8293c4365991e4358.jpg

Always check the seller, Amazon dosent warehouse everything themselves, lots of item are shipped from the sellers store (or garage), that's where the fake items come from. If it Amazon Fulfillment, thats coming from Amazon and almost alway genuine items.

I guess you didn't read my original post...... I clearly said that it was fulfilled by Amazon and NOT 3rd party.... so there goes your theory.

I will from now on, but I figured since I was buying directly from Amazon.... I didn't have to. That's what I get for ASSuming.

I bought 2 from amazon and 2 from Beach Camera on Amazon site. Both junk. Sent both back and ordered them on will call at Target. Picked them up today for $6 + tax. They are OEM.

I guess you didn't read my original post...... I clearly said that it was fulfilled by Amazon and NOT 3rd party.... so there goes your theory.

I guess you didn't read my reply... I said "almost always" genuine. Some people just have to be dicks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl