Amazon sold me fake "Genuine DJI" props. Warning.

Hi Tyson;

I just wanted you to be aware that the battery charging hub that comes with that Phantom kit is a knock-off and not the real genuine DJI one. I had that one when I first bought my Phantom 4 Pro and it's absolute JUNK.

I hope that helps.

Bud

I was thinking that in the future I would upgrade to the P4P+. I seen one on amazon with 3 battery's, 2 sd cards backpack, charging hub, and more for around $2,000 CND. If I get the phantom, 2 extra batteries and charging get hub from the DJI online store it adds up to around $3,000 CND. Cheaper to get off Amazon plus you get more.

Amazon - DJI Phantom 4 PRO PLUS (PRO+) Drone Quadcopter (Remote W/ Integrated Touch Screen Display) Bundle Kit with 3 Batteries, 4K Professional Camera Gimbal and MUST HAVE Accessories

DJI online store - Phantom 4 PRO +,2 extra batteries,Charging hub

HERE IS WHAT HAS HAPPENED AT AMAZON THAT ALLOWS THIS - amazon has a program called "fulfilled by amazon" ((I am one) in which small merchants can supply amazon with inventory. What happens is that this inventory is not usually inspected and gets mixed up in genuine Amazon inventory. Unethical amazon merchants have polluted the inventory with fakes, and many times these show "shipped and sold by Amazon" - it has been estimated that over 25% of the Casio Gshock watches sold through Amazon are counterfeits. It sucks - but is the new reality at amazon...

Reactions: Matts175
Chinese knock-off for a Chinese manufactured drone? Irony.

WOW. Amazon sold me fake "Genuine DJI" props. And the seller was Amazon too, not 3rd party. I received them today and they just felt off. Lots of flash on the edges too. I went to pick up a set at Best Buy just now and the Best buy ones actually say DJI on them and are a lot heavier and less flexible. The packages looked almost identical. The fakes came with no instructions and no plastic wrap on the hub. Buyer beware.

Amazon.com : DJI Genuine DJI Phantom 3 9450 Props Part #09 Self-Tightening Propeller 9" All Composite For Professional and Advanced, 2 Pairs : Camera & Photo

I ordered spare props from amazon for my P4 and they were genuine DJI props with the plastic wrapped on the hubs and DJI stamp on them. I believe it was third party, though.

Reactions: Kong
WOW. Amazon sold me fake "Genuine DJI" props. And the seller was Amazon too, not 3rd party. I received them today and they just felt off. Lots of flash on the edges too. I went to pick up a set at Best Buy just now and the Best buy ones actually say DJI on them and are a lot heavier and less flexible. The packages looked almost identical. The fakes came with no instructions and no plastic wrap on the hub. Buyer beware.

Amazon.com : DJI Genuine DJI Phantom 3 9450 Props Part #09 Self-Tightening Propeller 9" All Composite For Professional and Advanced, 2 Pairs : Camera & Photo
It makes me angry that they let these sellers false advertise, I use Amazon all the time. I had to research and read all the reviews to get genuine parts including batteries. I won't buy the aftermarkets anymore unless it has almost spotless reviews, not worth my time and effort.

Yep, same thing happened to me. On top of them being knockoffs. The drone doesn't fly normally. It's like the aren't balanced correctly or warped or something. Basically useless.

Always check the seller, Amazon dosent warehouse everything themselves, lots of item are shipped from the sellers store (or garage), that's where the fake items come from. If it Amazon Fulfillment, thats coming from Amazon and almost alway genuine items.

I'm glad to see this was reported to Amazon. However, I'm not so sure Amazon is going to fix this quickly. The complaints in the comments section have been there for many weeks. I love to buy from Amazon for the convenience, but I had to give up on buying Phantom props because I couldn't find anything I could trust as genuine DJI. Just a quick scan of the comments shows numerous instances of rip-offs. Also, Amazon tends to aggregate comments for similar products into one general comment file. So you will see the same comments for ALL Phantom propeller sellers on Amazon, which is why you see comments that claim they are totally obviously fake, along with comments that swear they are genuine. Also, the phony sellers will use photos of genuine product packaging. It has become impossible to separate the good sellers from the bad sellers based on user comments or product photos.

Amazon is an amazing company but they have really effed this up. Amazon has essentially forced me to go back to a brick and mortar seller like Best Buy, where I can look at the product myself and determine that at least it is genuine.

I kept using it for about 4 or 5 months until it no longer held a charge. Then I bought one at Best Buy and returned the defective one in it's place. Kinda sneaky but Best Buy has a very lax return policy these days and they love to please customers as much as Amazon does.
Rather than be "sneaky" and dishonest... you could have kept the battery, taken it apart, and gotten some good batteries and rebuilt the pack with the electronics still intact.
What you did was very dishonest and illegal... karma will get ya!

I'm very reluctant to buy any batteries for my Phantom off of Amazon. I get them at Best Buy (which will match Amazon pricing, if shipped from and sold by Amazon. I try to catch deals)

I had the same problem with them as well. I then ordered from DJI, but that required an adult over 21 signature for a $22 package. I called DJi and they would not pre-release them to me. I was lucky to find the phone number of the warehouse they were shipped from and they changed the shipment to be picked up at my local fed-ex office.

By the way the fake "genuine props" will not accept dye to color the plastic. That is how I discovered what I got for Christmas from the wife was fake.

I kept using it for about 4 or 5 months until it no longer held a charge. Then I bought one at Best Buy and returned the defective one in it's place. Kinda sneaky but Best Buy has a very lax return policy these days and they love to please customers as much as Amazon does.
o_O"Sneaky"?! That is outright stealing. :mad::mad::mad:

Reactions: pomonabill220
I still have not received a reply from DJI or Amazon regarding a P3S I received. The quad was missing the motor warning tags and there was no gimbal lock or even the small Styrofoam square protective piece for the camera/gimbal. As I wrote to them, either someone at DJI is very sloppy with preparation to "factory seal" OR someone is lying regarding this quad being new (never out of box). Though mine was not counterfeit, I'm still not sure what I received.

Bastards...

o_O"Sneaky"?! That is outright stealing. :mad::mad::mad:
I agree that it's unethical as hell, but in the end, defective batteries returned to the store get sent back to DJI and the retailer is credited, so it's not like Best Buy had to eat the cost of the battery.

I agree that it's unethical as hell, but in the end, defective batteries returned to the store get sent back to DJI and the retailer is credited, so it's not like Best Buy had to eat the cost of the battery.
:confused: You obviously have zero clue as to how commerce works. :rolleyes:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl