General questions from a newbie to DJI.

Reaction score
Website
paulweatherfordphotography.com
I recently purchased a Phantom 4 Pro+ Obsidian edition. I see some people talking about software and firmware updates. I dont know what versions mine has. Should I update them? Can they be updated thru an iMac desktop?

Also, are there any tips and pointers you guys can give me as a first timer with a DJI Phantom? I'm not exactly new to drones as I own a Yuneec Typhoon Q500 4K as well. I dont fly it much. In fact, It hasnt been off the ground in almost a year. Never have been happy with it. Thanks!

You can verify the firmware version for both the AC and RC inside the DJI Go 4 app (settings >... > about).

It can be done via your iMac with the software in the link below.

Fly your P4P in beginner's mode to familiarize yourself with your drone. It shouldn't be that different to fly than your Q500, but all drones behave differently. Take your time to explore the settings for the drone and camera, so you can set it up the way you want and understand where everything is, so you don't panic mid flight. Study the control (specially the A.S.P switch) and understand what everything does. This may help you in an emergency.

Hope it helps.

Reactions: PWPhoto
I see some people talking about software and firmware updates. I dont know what versions mine has. Should I update them?
Software and firmware updates are optional. Some people never install updates. Other people (like myself) always install the updates.

When you Phantom is connect to DJI GO, you'll be able to find the current versions in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO. You can review the release notes on the Phantom downloads page to find the changes that have been made in the newer firmware releases.

Firmware updates can be installed from your remote controller or by using the DJI Assistant 2 application. If you'd like to use DJI Assistant 2, you can find the correct Mac version on the Phantom downloads page.

are there any tips and pointers you guys can give me as a first timer with a DJI Phantom?
Here are some things to get you started:

Reactions: PWPhoto
Reactions: PWPhoto and Ansia

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj