Garmin GTU saved me $1500 Saturday

Reaction score
Was flying out over a huge CRP field w/chockerblocked full of head high weeds of various sorts (also rattle snakes as big as gators scattered about) when just 2 min after takeoff my Phantom just fell out of the sky. I was shocked and figured it lost. I had turned on the GTU but it's iffy to get a signal in this area, usually I don't.
I took a compass bearing and headed out into the field and realized it was probably hopeless but got out my i phone and logged in and LO and BEHOLD I had a signal!! I pressed the Follow and it walked me right to it. When I got about half way backed out to the launch point I realized I did'nt have the GTU w/me. Checked the i phone and again it walked me back to the spot and retreived it as well. Just hard making the 1/4 mile trip in and out twice throught the head high weeds.

I'm still searching a small patch of woods that I've been searching for a couple of months now. It's in there somewhere, now that fall is setting in I'm hoping the leaves will fall off the underbrush and I can find it. I sure wish I had a tracking device on it!

I will also add a GPS tracker to the Phantom for the same reason, but a $350 Garmin seems a bit high. There`s one on Ebay for less than $100

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj