Reaction score
A month or so ago my S8 refused to link to my P4P when in the field. I would get a black screen or refusal of the app to launch at all. It would usually work at home, but not in the field - eventually not even at home. The emergency cure was to uninstall the app and reinstall it. Sometimes more than once. A very time consuming process, especially if no Wi-fi connection. Clients were not happy!
The problem is now solved by using the following sequence:
  1. Turn on Controller
  2. Turn on P4P away from truck (to avoid"Re calibrate Compass" message)
  3. See green light on Controller
  4. Plug in USB (Type C without adaptor) cable from Controller to S8
The difference was in plugging the USB in last. I haven't had a problem since.

Reactions: EddieV
That's a great tip thanks for the information.
Here's a question for you ...
Using the S8 as your controller screen how do you compare the brightness in the Sun as compared to whatever you used before?

1. Turn on Controller
  2. Turn on P4P away from truck (to avoid"Re calibrate Compass" message)
  3. See green light on Controller
  4. Plug in USB (Type C without adaptor) cable from Controller to S8
The difference was in plugging the USB in last. I haven't had a problem since.

I have a Note 8 with a similar issue but here's what I do after the app fails to launch:
1) Go to Settings>Apps>DJI GO and force stop the app.
2) Turn the controller off/on and then it launches fine.

Using the S8 as your controller screen how do you compare the brightness in the Sun as compared to whatever you used before?

I had an S8 and now a Note 8. Both are much better in the sun than my previous device, an old Nexus 7 that I had laying around.

My s8+ and s9+ have been great especially with brightness....what i usually do is power on controller, plug usb into phone....then power on aircraft...no problems

Hi Doc,
The S8 is brighter than the NVIDIA Shield I bought used (whose battery died after a few months) and I also like the S8 because it is smaller. I have always built my sunshades from corrugated plastic, velcro and pop rivets. I much prefer the smaller sunshade.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor