Full Signal No GPS After Crash

Reaction score
I've got a phantom 3 standard that is having a GPS problem. First the details, the drone has crashed. It was about 20 feet up and I got too close to a tree and it came tumbling down onto gravel. No damaged parts on the outside, however the battery came out, easy fix. After that I hadn't flown in a while, fast forward a couple months later I decide to fly. Now the problem I'm having is that I am showing no satellites connected on the go app but the weird thing is that it's showing full signal bars as far as reception goes. I'll show 0 or maybe 1 satellites but that's a rare occasion but for the most part all I show is full bars and no number of satellites.

What I've tried doing so far is taking the drone apart to take a look at the GPS module and board. It didn't look damaged but I went ahead and ordered a new GPS unit from ebay and replaced it. I'm still getting no satellites with full signal bars.

Please help me out! Thanks for reading!

@AriyaMN
Welcome to the forum!

Did you get it figured out?

Its unclear after the crash you did have a working Phantom or you never tried until now?

And you are testing this outside?

Rod

@RodPad thanks for the welcome!!

I haven't figured it out yet, this problem has me stumped!

The drone did fly after the crash, however it doesn't seem to pull in any satellites because its always in P-Atti mode now, yes I know where my switches are on the controller.

I only fly outdoors.

Any help would be great!

Hum, Its all I could think of and I was trying to keep your thread alive. ;)

Rod

Hum, WT*

Nobody has any questions or comments for the OP :rolleyes: :eek:

Really guys. :rolleyes:

Rod

He replaced the GPS module which would include the cable. And it still doesn't work.

I saw this thread yesterday but I can't come up with a reason why his GPS doesn't work unless the centerboard has a hair line crack which is keeping the GPS data from moving to where it needs to be. It seemed far fetched so I didn't post.

If he failed to replace the copper foil sandwich under the module, it could be an interference problem, but that seems far fetched too.

Full GPS signal bars but no satellites? Maybe remove and reinstall the Go app.

Last edited:
Reactions: RodPad
Thanks, Yes It seems like he has got a tough one.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94