Fresh Meat

Reaction score
Hello All,

New to drones and brand new to this site.
I purchased a used P4 Standard with a remote experiencing the dreaded charging issue.
Unfortunately during the attempt to reflow the chip it was observed that the antenna plug had broken off inside the main board.

So my first experience on this site was buying a used GL300C controller from a member. It's currently on the way to me and I'm hoping to have in the next week or so.
I've already taken the step to get my TC Basic licence so that I'm not starting off by breaking any laws lol.

I can already see that people in this forum are very willing to jump in and offer great advice when they can. So I will start off by saying sorry as I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as I look for tips and tricks. And thank you in advance for the advice that will be provided.

I will start off with my first question (annoying right?)
I've seen in the threads about not using the latest firmware, and to use the second most recent. Is this still a problem? I've read that pilots with latest firmware have seen issues with control and range shortly after takeoff.

Thanks all

Right .;)
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .?

Welcome to the forum! :)

I've read that pilots with latest firmware have seen issues with control and range shortly after takeoff
I don't recall any firmware updates limiting the range.

Reactions: Mavikhan
Have never seen anything about the "second most recent" firmware. What I do hear, and I adhere to it, if it works, don't mess with updates.

Reactions: Phill2
What I do hear, and I adhere to it, if it works, don't mess with updates
I see that mentioned a lot in this forum too, but I don't adhere to it. When DJI fixes bugs in firmware (whether mentioned in the release notes or not), I like to upgrade so I'm always running the most bug free firmware available.

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome aboard!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl