Franks Phantom 4 Story.

The other problems is that after the new update I get the message "2.5 strong interference from your mobile or other sources" My phone was off and I was standing in the middle of a field where I had never had problems with interference in the last 3 years flying there.

it seems to be an issue with recent versions of the app on Android - I get the same if I update to 4.7 or above - DJI support recommendation? Fly using 4.5 - works for me :D

Honestly - I don't know but the only other way I have found to avoid the strong interference warnings (apart from just ignoring them) is to switch to 5.8GHZ

Can you sideload apps onto the Pro+ - in other words can you copy files to the device? If yes, then just copy an earlier .apk file and use that

Last edited:
Hi John. Thanks for the compliments. Regarding the cows. The Phantoms are very good at keeping a steady altitude all by themselves. The problems come about because the ground rises and the drone doesn't! I flew very slowly as I did not want to disturb the cows, hence the cuts in the film. Need not have worried though as the drone had the opposite effect. Myself and the drone became surrounded by cows curious as to what we were and what we were doing. It frightened the dog, on a lead, who ended up barking at the when one went nose to nose with her.

Shame you dont live a little closer Id love to give you a free fly to boost your confidence in these machines. Being hi tech they can go wrong, like any device. Usually its because of the person flying either making a mistake or not understanding what they have to do. Buy a cheap, but good one, off ebay. Not the P4P yet. Practice with that first or even better find someone local who is willing to let you have a fly. I had a nice guy (just in case he reads this :) ) come over from Wales for a couple of lessons. After half and hour he was shooting the drone off in all directions.

Things to contemplate............. If you let go of the controls the phantom stops straight away and hovers. So if something is worrying you e.g you have flown to within inches of a wall/tree, you can simply let go of the controls while you work out what to do next. If you loose sight of it you simply push the RTH button and it will fly directly upwards, along, and (in theory) come back and land at your feet. NEVER be afraid to look like an idiot and ask questions. No matter how daft you may think they sound we have all been there.............. done that. :D

As for "you should never fly out of sight" yes your right. We should never go over the speed limit or eat/drink whilst driving our cars either. :D
Frank if you hit RTH will return back to you following the same altitude that you wanted to to clear obstacles I will just plan a straight line

Not quite sure what your saying. If you hit RTH the drone will first ascend to the altitude you have set on the RC before hand. It will then fly directly back to you. Once above you it will descend and land.

Not quite sure what your saying. If you hit RTH the drone will first ascend to the altitude you have set on the RC before hand. It will then fly directly back to you. Once above you it will descend and land.
Frank what I'm saying is if I have it a half a mile away from me and want the crap to return home if I hit the return home will the craft send to the setting of 200 feet of where I have it set at and fly continuously for 200 feet back to the Area overhead where the home position was and then go down to the ground to the home position sorry using the microphone instead of typing and I am new to this group folks please be nice to me you sound like great people on this form

If you hit RTH the drone will first ascend to the altitude you have set on the RC before hand. It will then fly directly back to you. Once above you it will descend and land.

Basically yes. 200 feet or 20 feet. What ever altitude you set it will rise to that altitude. Fly a straight line back to you. Then descend.

Terrain Mode Test.

Last night I managed to get a quick flight in. Thought I would fully test out the Terrain Mode. So this is my video from that test. It was 'interesting'. First off a few seconds in I lost colour and it was 'ok' but I cannot work out why it suddenly changed.

At one point the collision alert sounded and the drone stopped. I raised it a few feet and continued, that is why I split the video. I redid the IMU calibration today too, you will see why on the video. Hope you find it of interest. :)

The sudden colour change will be you having left the white balance on automatic.

You were probably not 27' above the ground but 27' above your take off point

That take off point was literally at my feet at the start of the video. As for white balance you could well be right. I usually keep it on Cloudy, except for very sunny days, but I did a reset of the drone and obviously the white balance has gone back on automatic.

Basically yes. 200 feet or 20 feet. What ever altitude you set it will rise to that altitude. Fly a straight line back to you. Then descend.
Franc in wed some help here. I just bought a phantom for pro plus everything seems to be working fine however I am getting no video picture on the controller the controller screen is built in. Additionally the controller power switch button is flashing red and green rapidly it is not staying green The aircraft has a green light above the card slot but the aircraft is not seems not to be sending a signal to the remote control screen to see a picture from the camera please advise very upset hopefully you can help or repost this to the forum for answers I'm new to this for him and I'm not sure how to post a New thread on this site thank you for any help you folks possibly can give me

Franc in wed some help here. I just bought a phantom for pro plus everything seems to be working fine however I am getting no video picture on the controller the controller screen is built in. Additionally the controller power switch button is flashing red and green rapidly it is not staying green The aircraft has a green light above the card slot but the aircraft is not seems not to be sending a signal to the remote control screen to see a picture from the camera please advise very upset hopefully you can help or repost this to the forum for answers I'm new to this for him and I'm not sure how to post a New thread on this site thank you for any help you folks possibly can give me
I have checked everything in the controller I've updated the new versions of software calibrations you name it reset everything to no avail also restored back to factory default and still no picture on controller screen just black however the satellite picture in the bottom left-hand corner does appear

How can you update stuff with a blank screen? I think I know what you mean. You mean you are getting a picture but not from the Phantom? If that is the case then you need to link the Phantom and the Remote.

Switch on the Phantom
Switch on the Remote.
"Enter the Device"
Tap the 3 dots top right.
Tap on the Remote control icon (third one down)
Go down the page to "Linking RC" in blue, its at the bottom but you should not need to scroll down.
Tap it.
Now on the Phantom get a small object, straightened paper clip or something.
Gently push in the top of the green light, you will feel a gentle click, and it should start blinking.
The remote control should then link to the Phantom. Problem solved.

It took 3 goes to get mine. You should have everything back to normal. :)

Let me know how you get on.

FrankC

Frank thank you very much my friend hopefully this will do it I will probably try it tomorrow if your father happy Father's Day and sorry to bug you but you seem like you are the only nice one on the forum and know what you're doing and talking about.

Mark Buechner a.k.a. the ace
Jacksonville North Carolina home of Camp Lejeune and the United States Marine Corps

Frank tried but to no avail.... on the aircraft I have a green light above the SD card slot the drone lights are to read and two green blinking on the actual remote controller I have no signal and read up top have everything else as far as the icons but the camera showing no picture it's a black on the remote control the power buttonis glowing red and green rapidly with four white dots beside it please advise now have a different approach

Frank tried but to no avail.... on the aircraft I have a green light above the SD card slot the drone lights are to read and two green blinking on the actual remote controller I have no signal and read up top have everything else as far as the icons but the camera showing no picture it's a black on the remote control the power buttonis glowing red and green rapidly with four white dots beside it please advise now have a different approach

Hmmm can you start up motors on the Drone? Fly blind etc? Can you see anything on the remote or is it plain black.

If your RC is not connecting to your drone you will see everything else except a picture from the drone. Or is it completely black like you said?

When you say "read up top" do you mean red? As in the colour? or color as Americans like to spell it?

Just trying to eliminate possible causes.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor