Fpv Works with Hero4 but not 3+

Reaction score
Hey guys! I will confess that I am a noob to the quadcopter hobby and fpv, but not Gopros. I have used the search but haven't had any luck on finding a fix to my problem. I may not be "wording" it right or be using the right term but if anyone could shed some light, Id be extreamly grateful!

I did buy this setup used. according to the stats in Assistant, the battery was only used 12 cycles, so I figured it was pretty much new. It has the h3-3d gimbal and the IOSD mini for FPV. When I got it everything worked perfectly with my Gopro Hero 3+ Black. I did crash it into a tree. So I took it easy and it still worked fine until one day I turned it on, everything loaded up but all I had was a black screen on my monitor. The screen had all the Phantoms info, gps sats, hight, distance, even the tilt lines in the center of the screen worked when I tilted the phantom.

Now heres the weird part, I can plug my Hero4 Black into it and I get a picture. It works perfectly in my Phantom. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Hey guys! I will confess that I am a noob to the quadcopter hobby and fpv, but not Gopros. I have used the search but haven't had any luck on finding a fix to my problem. I may not be "wording" it right or be using the right term but if anyone could shed some light, Id be extreamly grateful!

I did buy this setup used. according to the stats in Assistant, the battery was only used 12 cycles, so I figured it was pretty much new. It has the h3-3d gimbal and the IOSD mini for FPV. When I got it everything worked perfectly with my Gopro Hero 3+ Black. I did crash it into a tree. So I took it easy and it still worked fine until one day I turned it on, everything loaded up but all I had was a black screen on my monitor. The screen had all the Phantoms info, gps sats, hight, distance, even the tilt lines in the center of the screen worked when I tilted the phantom.

Now heres the weird part, I can plug my Hero4 Black into it and I get a picture. It works perfectly in my Phantom. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Might have a damaged USB socket on the camera. Record something on Hero4 and take chip and insert into Hero3 then plug that into you computer to see if it download. Have you try filming with Hero3 outside of the P2? If captures footage but can't play or download to computer I would say there's a problem with that USB connector

Reactions: Josh
Might have a damaged USB socket on the camera. Record something on Hero4 and take chip and insert into Hero3 then plug that into you computer to see if it download. Have you try filming with Hero3 outside of the P2? If captures footage but can't play or download to computer I would say there's a problem with that USB connector
I thought of this and it was one of the first things I tried. Yep I can get everything off the gopro, it records and functions fine.

I thought of this and it was one of the first things I tried. Yep I can get everything off the gopro, it records and functions fine.

Think I would call GP technical support and see what suggestions they have. Maybe send it in.

I'm stumped... try:

Change the USB flex cable?
Check Gopro NTSC vs PAL setting?
Powering on the Phantom first, then gopro?
Powering on the Gopro then Phantom?
Are you using a DJI Hub for the cables or is the cable soldered? If soldered, check the IOSD mini > AV cables.

Reactions: Josh
I've checked all the cables, but if it was a cable or bad solder neither camera would work. I'll check the go pro for NTSC and PAL but don't see how that woulda got changed. I'll also try powering on the phantom first. Never thought of that.

It's weird for sure. Lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav