FPV Recommendations for Phantom V1.1.1

Reaction score
I'm really new to this whole community. I just got my first phantom v1 last week. I'm interested in adding FPV to my drone but i dont want to spend more than I have to. Plus the gimbal I have is a Walkera G-2D (hero 3 compatible). Any help or advice as to what i should be looking at thats compatible with the phantom 1 would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

I'm really new to this whole community. I just got my first phantom v1 last week. I'm interested in adding FPV to my drone but i dont want to spend more than I have to. Plus the gimbal I have is a Walkera G-2D (hero 3 compatible). Any help or advice as to what i should be looking at thats compatible with the phantom 1 would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Hey m0rd3cai, welcome to the forum and the hobby. There are sooooooooo many options for FPV on a P1.1.1. The overriding rule, however, is the old adage "you get what you pay for". Some folks have posted good results with budget devices, but the majority that try to scrimp in the beginning, just end up upgrading and spending more money for quality. Remember, it's an investment that pays really good dividends, IF you're careful and safe in your flying. For the P1.1.1 you'll need a 5.8 GHz video transmitter (vTx) and a 5.8 GHz video receiver (vRx) which is many times integrated with a video monitor. Check out the vTx and Black Pearl in my sig at Amazon and Ebay. You can also just do a global search for "5.8 Video Transmitter FPV" in any search engine, and spend hours checking out the results. Same for the receiver. Of course you'll need a camera, so again, check out my sig and see what's available on the net.

Good luck shopping and be sure to come back if you have questions about how to integrate the devices with each other, setup, etc.

Thanks for the response! The phantom i bought (used) came with a g-2d walkera so for my first gimbal, im just gonna use that which holds iLook/iLook+/Hero3/Sony something. Im trying to keep this as simple as i can for my first project. I've found Fatshark v5 googles with built in antenna and the iLook+ comes with 5.8ghz built in also. What i'm hoping is that the iLook+ won't require any wiring, it should be ready to go and all i'll have to do is wire the FatShark to the remote controller. I may be wrong in that assumption. I've read good reviews for the iLook+ and FatShark as a good first time FPV setup. I've put a 9db antennae on my remote so the drone has plenty of range (found out the hard way the other day, almost lost it). Have you used either FatShark or and iLook+? Any feedback on the camera and transmitter would be awesome. I like the vTx in your sig, not ridiculously expensive. Let me know your thoughts! thanks!

Also, did your phantom require physical modification for the 4000mah battery to fit? It appears bigger than the 2200mah stock batteries. Thanks!

Edit: Found a thread showing 5200mah working with slight battery door modification.

Last edited:
Have you used either FatShark or and iLook+?

Sorry M0rd3cai, I haven't used any FatShark devices, and haven't even heard about the iLook. I did a lot of research before going with Flysight for the video Tx and Rx, but don't remember why I passed over FatShark, they seem pretty popular.

Also, did your phantom require physical modification for the 4000mah battery to fit? It appears bigger than the 2200mah stock batteries. Thanks!

Yep, the Multistar 4000 takes a little shaving of the battery compartment itself. There are a number of videos on YouTube showing the mod. Also, it's a good idea to put a small notch in the door on the left side to let the power cords from the bird and battery hook up outside, instead of trying to cram them both inside with the battery, which is already a snug fit, even after the mod.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik