FPV Quality Suddenly Horrible on P3A

I am thinking that may be it. I just flew today in another location about the same distance as yesterday and my range appeared to be way better but still blocky video. I am thinking it may not be a loose antenna but a video processing thing. I have a Samsung Note 5 but maybe a lot of processes are running at once. I have heard that can be an issue with this phone.

I had a nexus7 2013 edition and once the GO app reached a certain size along with added processes, there was permanent issues. I was determined it was a app problem until my beta admin from the beta team helped my at great length. The fix was I replaced the nexus7 with a Nvidia K1 Shift. And it is a badass tablet!

I flew with my old Galaxy S4 phone that has no service and I have shut down sync and most apps since I don't use it as my phone anymore. It seems to have the same video. I will borrow my daughter iPad tomorrow and try again when there is more light. I think it could be a lot better if I had bought the Pro. If I had known about the FPV 2mb vs. 10mb thing I would have just got the Pro.

Reactions: Schnerds
I flew with my old Galaxy S4 phone that has no service and I have shut down sync and most apps since I don't use it as my phone anymore. It seems to have the same video. I will borrow my daughter iPad tomorrow and try again when there is more light. I think it could be a lot better if I had bought the Pro. If I had known about the FPV 2mb vs. 10mb thing I would have just got the Pro.

If you are seeing similar results with a different device, then it might be time to look at the issue being si the flat gimbal cable or gimbal wire harnesses.

The best way I found to check these is with the aircraft powered on and video recording. Use a small non metal object to lightly press against the plug connector's to see if any changes appear in the video on playback. Also while recording you can hold the aircraft and tilt and rotate it around some.

I will check that too.

I have checked everything and found nothing wring with my bird. I did try 3 devices Samsung Note5, Samsung S4, and iPad Mini last night. I didn't fly because it was night time but I did look for pixilation in my live feed by moving my fingers in front the camera. All 3 pixelated about the same. I even noticed the color of my fingers in shadows went through 5-6 colors rather than smooth transition from light to dark. I forget what you call it but it looks like abrupt shade changes. Anyway I just did the 32 channel hack and put my video on channel 26 and it looks a lot better. WAY less blocky images and pixilation and the color shading issue is slightly better. I think I was just getting interference from something near me. This issue may be moot because I just ordered a P3P that will have the better 10mb bitrate so I will have to try that one and see if it is better or not.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1