FPV Options for P3SE?

The easiest setup would be to find a mobile device that has an HDMI output (like the Nvidia Shield K1) and connect the googles/glasses to that port to mirror the screen on your mobile device.

Hi, I'm thinking of going down this route, and have done some basic research. I have a phantom 3 advanced, so my options would be to get an HDMI module for around $100 then the cost of the goggle.

Using a tablet like the nvidia shield would cost 2nd hand around $300 plus the goggles.

I'm wondering why go withthe tablet option, is it down to what you see - as with the tablet you get the full HUD you would normally see as opposed to the cut down version from the HDMI output. any info is appreciated.

Also fatshark seem to be the goto goggles as well but the phantom ones seem to give a much bigger screen?

Also on the P3 Ad would the head tracking work for the camera?

thanks!

Thanks for the reply. I haven't seen the SE model here. I'm new to drones though. The specs on the SE seem better than the advanced, 4k camera and better range (?) Seems odd that the module will work on the other versions of the P3 and P4 but if I'm reading you right, won't work on the SE - what confuses my noob head is the color bands on an SE are the same gold as the pro. If you could fill in the blanks anyone I'd appreciate it.

The problem with the range of the P3 SE is it's limitation under CE.
You can read about it under the P3 SE threads.

I'm not sure but I think i saw you can manually switch to FCC inside the remote of the P3 A. But better look it up yourself.
Youtube is a good source for gaining knowledge about your drone, when reading through forums can sometimes be exhausting.

If by color bands you mean the attached stickers, my P3 SE came with golden ones on it and a set of different colors in red, silver, golden and a real shabby looking purple.
So I guess relying on the colors isn't really a good way to identify the versions.

The P3SE is also not compatible with the DJI goggles but if you use the module your P3A is. The picture shows my remote which has no upgradable bay at the back. Please excuse the bad lighting.
But since you are connecting it only via HDMI I guess head-tracking won't work for you, sorry.
So without this function the DJI goggles are pretty overpriced so just get some fatsharks or eachine goggles, I recommend.
I have no experience in FPV so far. So don't rely on my words.
Also here Youtube may be a good source for finding out what suits you. They only need to have an HDMI input-port.

Channels like Half Chrome for example will help you decide:
Half Chrome

or Joshua Bardwells Channel:
Joshua Bardwell

For flying in FPV via the HDMI-port you must be aware of a little lag. The transmission is digital so it is not the fastest one.
The HDMI-output module has a resolution of 720p.
Don't expect anything like you can see from a racing-quad.
They use analog transission which is not high def.

Attachments

• 03032019199.jpg
    03032019199.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 362
  • 03032019197.jpg
    03032019197.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 376
@PhantomPain Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions and post the pictures. I am learning more everyday!

I know the module /goggles would be the way to go. From what I understad an advantage of the phantom goggles is the high resolution and screen size. Even though the feed is 720 the screen in the googles gives a clearer image than if you had a 720 screen. Some of the fatshark screens are very low res, but as you said racing is a different thing and I can't race in my P3A :) I found half chrome recently and I'll check out the other channel as well. I really appreciate the info - from what I understand the lag is not as bad on the Goggles as on android device with hdmi output - which is what you need on the PSE. I'll keep searching around, it's going to take a while to save for any solution anyhow!

Reactions: JayDee1322
No problem. I recieve help here and try to help when I can.

But I can't really talk about the quality of the DJI goggles because they fall out of my price range and as we see are not working with my P3SE:
I'd love to have the head tracking feature though. But I couldn't afford a drone supporting this feature.
I did not see the review of these goggles by Joshua Bardwell but I bet he will get into every little detail of them.

I did not see the review of these goggles by Joshua Bardwell but I bet he will get into every little detail of them.

I watched it and it really helped. Basically if you are racing drones - even with the opilink gadget for the DJI goggles - it will be too laggy unless you are using very low res. I think though for scenic stuff it would be great with the phantom. If you get the racing edition you have the option for fixed wing uav in the future, but if I was thinking of going into drone racing I'd go with another tyoe like fatshark and analogue connection

Reactions: PhantomPain
I watched it and it really helped. Basically if you are racing drones - even with the opilink gadget for the DJI goggles - it will be too laggy unless you are using very low res. I think though for scenic stuff it would be great with the phantom. If you get the racing edition you have the option for fixed wing uav in the future, but if I was thinking of going into drone racing I'd go with another tyoe like fatshark and analogue connection
Good. What I didn't see before, this forum has a complete section about the DJI goggles.

DJI Goggles

Just for the fun of it, here is a video of a neat installation of a cam inside an RC plane also with head tracking.

Reactions: Davious
@PhantomPain Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions and post the pictures. I am learning more everyday!

I know the module /goggles would be the way to go. From what I understad an advantage of the phantom goggles is the high resolution and screen size. Even though the feed is 720 the screen in the googles gives a clearer image than if you had a 720 screen. Some of the fatshark screens are very low res, but as you said racing is a different thing and I can't race in my P3A :) I found half chrome recently and I'll check out the other channel as well. I really appreciate the info - from what I understand the lag is not as bad on the Goggles as on android device with hdmi output - which is FPV Options for P3SE? what you need on the PSE. I'll keep searching around, it's going to take a while Xender Discord Omegle to save for any solution anyhow!
Hi, I'm thinking of going down this route, and have done some basic research. I have a phantom 3 advanced, so my options would be to get an HDMI module for around $100 then the cost of the goggle.

Last edited:
I got my goggles and the HDMI module. It's easy enough to fit if you take your time and the goggles are great. So much clearer than a tablet. There are some good vids on installing the module on youtube as well. I would say go for it!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj