FPV kit help

I wont cut any wires i figured out by searching i need direct power for the tx and cam, the power leads on the pmuv2 are for it and the iosd. I guess all i need to do is cut the yellow wire between the tx and cam what about the ground wire between the tx and cam should i cut it along with the yellow and splice into wires on the iosd as per insrtuctions

Sorry Droid, but it's been too long since I installed an iOSD Mini. It was on my first P1 and was lost over a year ago. I think the key to your question lies in the phrase at the end, "...as per instructions".

Well got my FPV replacement kit works great. Now to try a test flight hopefully today after work weather pending. The sun shade for the monitor was installed after this picture

Attachments

• 1460456676338.jpg
    1460456676338.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 303
Well got my FPV replacement kit works great. Now to try a test flight hopefully today after work weather pending. The sun shade for the monitor was installed after this picture

Looks good. Glad you finally got a picture on the monitor. BTW, what brand and model monitor did you end up with?

The tx is a boscan 832 the cam is a sony ccd cam good view so far and the monitor is the same as before a generic tft monitor. Im ok with it until i upgrade later with a better monitor. I have a garmin virb elite doing the recording. The tx dosent heat up the other one did i think now the first tx i had was toast. Test flights tonite after work. Gonna order the dji osd mini later this week.

Well i took our my phantom for a test flight with the FPV, worked quite well. Could not stay flying for very long my hands and fingers were getting too cold to operate the controls, its getting milder here but not soon enough, this weekend looks good for some really good flying. I had the drone roughly about 800 ft away and i was still getting good picture, didnt have time to fully test it due to cold temperatures. Had it far enough away that i could not see it very well to tell what it was doing or what direction it was in, looking at the FPV monitor was way cool i could operate it very well controlling looking at the monitor.

RebelyellNC, how far roughtly can you fly before losing signal, mine was just starting to flicker a little but could sill see a very good picture when it was far enough away that i could not tell what it was doing or what direction it was flying in.

Well i took our my phantom for a test flight with the FPV, worked quite well. Could not stay flying for very long my hands and fingers were getting too cold to operate the controls, its getting milder here but not soon enough, this weekend looks good for some really good flying. I had the drone roughly about 800 ft away and i was still getting good picture, didnt have time to fully test it due to cold temperatures. Had it far enough away that i could not see it very well to tell what it was doing or what direction it was in, looking at the FPV monitor was way cool i could operate it very well controlling looking at the monitor.

RebelyellNC, how far roughtly can you fly before losing signal, mine was just starting to flicker a little but could sill see a very good picture when it was far enough away that i could not tell what it was doing or what direction it was flying in.

Hey Droid, congrats on the successful test flight. My distance record with the P1.1.1 is currently 1360 meters, which is 4461.9 feet. At that time I was at an altitude of just over 1700 feet. I know it was running out of RC signal, because with the transmitter still on and the GPS/ATTI/RTH switch all the way up, I noticed I couldn't make it move in any direction. I looked at the OSD telemetry and watched as the home point indicator slowly counted back down to zero (direct heading back home) and it began to move toward me. The OSD distance measurement continued to decrement, convincing me it was in RTH. After it got a little closer, I regained control and brought her in.

My altitude was over what I normally fly at and had I been lower, the distance may have been farther out due to better signal strength. The clarity of your video screen and whether there is any snow will be determined by the effectiveness of your video transmitter and the antennas on the bird and monitor/receiver. I was only able to get about 400 meters or so before snowing out with my stock rubber ducky antennas on the bird and monitor. But as soon as I changed to the BluBeam Ultra CP cloverleaf on the bird and one side of the monitor, that helped extend the signal greatly. Even more distance was realized when I added the high gain patch antenna (see sig).

Ok so keep us posted as you venture farther out. One caution I'll mention, WATCH THAT BATTERY VOLTAGE READOUT on the screen for the flight battery. I was so involved in what I was seeing through the FPV camera, that I didn't see the flight battery go below 9.2v and down she came. Never did recover the lost bird.

Ah ok i will definitly look for the voltage. I am ordering the dji osd and pmuV2 tomorrow. I am not going to venture too far till i get the osd. The kit came with i think are clover leaf antennas 4 leaf for receiver and 3 leaf for tx. Are they good antennas?

Could you possibly post pics of your antennas or links to get the good ones

The kit came with i think are clover leaf antennas 4 leaf for receiver and 3 leaf for tx. Are they good antennas?

I don't know the brand or model, so I can't tell you. At least their cloverleafs which is better than most kits.

Could you possibly post pics of your antennas or links to get the good ones

Here's a link to the high gain patch antenna
Amazon.com: Alfa APA-M25 dual band 2.4GHz/5GHz 10dBi high gain directional indoor panel antenna with RP-SMA connector (compare to Asus WL-ANT-157): Computers & Accessories

The price they are showing is $5 higher than I paid in January of 2015, but still not bad for long range flying.

As for the cloverleaf set, I don't have a link but you can search for IBCrazy BluBeam Ultra CP cloverleaf antenna set. One is called Mad Mushroom, the other is Air Screw. But I would try out the ones in your kit first.

Ya im gonna but waiting to get osd first just had it out again the past hour. Working good but was a bit hard seeing the screen bit dull and little cloudy. Gonna try it in the bright day next. Almost caming crashing dwn near me got ingrossed in the screen forgot the timer on my phone the osd will help with that

The seller that is selling those gemfan 9450 said they might be too much for my escs and burn them out anyone know this i need some info before i buy any

Those props are aftermarket junk. Only buy accessories that are GENUINE DJI. You can tell by the packaging, that these are not genuine. The price is a bit of a hint too.

The seller that is selling those gemfan 9450 said they might be too much for my escs and burn them out anyone know this i need some info before i buy any

What a LOAD! 9450s are 9450s, built to the same specs. There are a ton of guys on here using them with P1s and no one that I've seen has posted about "burning out" their ESCs :p:p:p. 'Nuff said.

Ah ok. Thanks for the info hust wanna make sure everything is good. I thought a lot were using those ok.

These are 9450 props say there for phantom 3 are they ok. There are so many out there, getting kinda overwhelmed by so many, not sure what to get other than official DJI ones.

DJI Phantom 3 - 9450 Self-tightening Propellers IN-Stock

OK these are the exact ones I bought and are $5 cheaper than when I got mine

Amazon.com: DJI CP.PT.000128 9450 Self-Tightening Propeller Set for Phantom 2/2 Vision+ (White): Camera & Photo

It shows at the bottom that there is a newer item and lists P3 props. Many parts will interchange between P1 and P2, but I'm not sure about P3. Someone else will have to answer that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20