FPV Issue - Black Pearl Monitor

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just finished following this tutorial:

FPV With The DJI Phantom 2 – Everything You Need To Know

and everything worked great right up until I turned on the Black Pearl monitor and, well, this happened:
065745ks8fb2qbzpe8mzev.jpg

It is on channel 6, the rest of the channels don't show anything, if I cycle through the menu for channel 6, the only other screen it will show is a 'bouncing' B&W screen where you can barely make out anything.
First thing that comes to mind is the soldering job on the video wire connection, however I have attempted this twice just to be sure.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Hey everyone,

I just finished following this tutorial:

FPV With The DJI Phantom 2 – Everything You Need To Know

and everything worked great right up until I turned on the Black Pearl monitor and, well, this happened:
065745ks8fb2qbzpe8mzev.jpg

It is on channel 6, the rest of the channels don't show anything, if I cycle through the menu for channel 6, the only other screen it will show is a 'bouncing' B&W screen where you can barely make out anything.
First thing that comes to mind is the soldering job on the video wire connection, however I have attempted this twice just to be sure.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

It would be nice if you posted more info like what transmitter you're using, what band the TX is on, if you are using NTSC/PAL and if the monitors RX 1 an 2 are on the same channel. All this information helps to nail down the problems you are having, Also a video of the problem will tell more then a thousand photos.

Oh sorry my bad, I linked the tutorial as I used everything in it.

ImmersionRC 5.8Ghz 600mw 7 Channel Video Transmitter

PAL

Channel & band in photo attached.

Link to video:
Dropbox - video-1480073477.mp4

Attachments

• FPV Band.jpg
    FPV Band.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 470
Oh sorry my bad, I linked the tutorial as I used everything in it.

ImmersionRC 5.8Ghz 600mw 7 Channel Video Transmitter

PAL

Channel & band in photo attached.

Link to video:
Dropbox - video-1480073477.mp4

The immersion should be on band "F" and both transmitter an monitor must be on the channel. In you case that would be channel 6 so check the switch settings on the transmitter. Then RX 1/RX 2 should be on the same band/channel 6 in order to use both antenna on your monitor. Last of all both the camera and monitor have to be set to PAL in order to work correctly.

In order to set both RX 1/RX 2 to the same channel (in your case Ch 6) adjust RX 1 using the last two up/down buttons on the far right side of the monitor. Check your monitors owner manual on page under diversity.

If you add the mini iOSD module that will give all the telemetry such as battery, GPS satellites and more. Also shutting off the OSD on your camera will cleanup your monitor screen.

Last edited:
Thank you very much Jason. So far, everything seems to be working perfectly. Will be testing it out properly tomorrow!

Thanks again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair