Anyone Using a Phantom 2 with a Futaba controller and a Black Pearl monitor? ?

Reaction score
I am having an issue getting a stable image using a Black Pearl monitor with a Phantom 2 and a GoPro 4. I think the answer may be simple, but cannot figure it out.

I am having an issue getting a stable image using a Black Pearl monitor with a Phantom 2 and a GoPro 4. I think the answer may be simple, but cannot figure it out.

Both Futaba controller and GoPro 4 use 2.4 ghz IIRC.

Which video transmitter and antennas on both TX/receiver are you using?

It had been working fine the last time I used it. It is a kit I got from DSLR pros a couple of years ago but has not been used in about a year. It was the Cannes Cinema Kit I just get a fuzzy, black and white image that is not "stable" And I am talking about even with the Phantom and transmitter only a few feet from each other. Not sure how to answer the video transmitter question. This is part of what the kit came with:
  • Integrated 5.8 GHz Long Range Diversity FPV System (7″ HD Field Monitor, Long Range Diversity Rx/Tx, Pole/Panel Antenna). I am trying to get this working again to teach a few people how to fly and then to try and sell it. I am now flying P4
I am wondering if it could be the ribbon cable that connects the GpPro with the Gimbal?

I thought I would ask here before going through the work of taking it apart to change it.

It had been working fine the last time I used it. It is a kit I got from DSLR pros a couple of years ago but has not been used in about a year. It was the Cannes Cinema Kit I just get a fuzzy, black and white image that is not "stable" And I am talking about even with the Phantom and transmitter only a few feet from each other. Not sure how to answer the video transmitter question. This is part of what the kit came with:
  • Integrated 5.8 GHz Long Range Diversity FPV System (7″ HD Field Monitor, Long Range Diversity Rx/Tx, Pole/Panel Antenna). I am trying to get this working again to teach a few people how to fly and then to try and sell it. I am now flying P4
I am wondering if it could be the ribbon cable that connects the GpPro with the Gimbal?

I thought I would ask here before going through the work of taking it apart to change it.

Anything is possible but I doubt that the ribbon is the cause. How far out are you flying?

I haven't even flown. This is just still on the ground before taking off.

When asking for help it's always helpful to give all the information to those helping so things are not dragged on needlessly.

Check to see that both camera and monitor are on either NTSC/PAL. Next that the monitor is on the correct band as the TX and RX1 & 2 are on the same frequency. None of this has anything to do with the Futaba controller or P2 as both operate on 2.4GHz and the TX/receiver use 5.8GHz. The wifi on the camera must remain off or it will interfere with signals from the controller to the P2. Once everything is setup and checked power on the P2 and camera and see what kind of distance as you walk away from the P2.

You haven't mentioned which transmitter they (DSLP Pros) installed on the P2.

Thank you and I should have mentioned earlier: Yep, both on NTSC, no Wifi on, same band/ channels on both transmitter and monitor. And I have tried switching channels and bands. I do not know how to identify the transmitter. I'll work on that.

And, after a chat with the fine folks at DSLR pros, I ended up switching the transmitter with one from a older drone I had ( that had taken a salt water swim) and it works perfectly. The transmitter is a: Flysight F295

Thank you and I should have mentioned earlier: Yep, both on NTSC, no Wifi on, same band/ channels on both transmitter and monitor. And I have tried switching channels and bands. I do not know how to identify the transmitter. I'll work on that.

That is a diversity monitor which was designed to work with two different transmitters and receivers connected at the same time. But since you are only using one TX both RX 1 & 2 should be on the same channel. Also, make sure the antennas are on the right piece of equipment such as the monitor uses two female antennas and the TX antenna may use a male center connector. I can only guess what you have for TX.

If you are using dipole antennas make sure the TX is pointed down and up on the monitor. If you have flat panel no the monitor they should be pointed directly at the P2 as they have a narrow beam width of 45 - 35 degrees.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl