FPV Goggles P4

Thats an interesting waybofbusing them! Bypass the weakest link completely. I thought part of the job of fresnels is so that u can also dial in prism due to the accomodative convergence ratio. Using a single image for 2 eyes would require some serious prism added to the lens compared to a standard cardboard type VR setup which has 2 images and hence u don.t need the prism in the lens.
Did u have prism put in the lens?
The image is about 6 inches from my eyes and with plus 2 reading glasses I can see the screen fine. This is a big screen and you have to look around to see all that going on, for me I like that it gives me a sense of grandios image. The large size image would not make it a good drone racing FPV because there is too mutch to look at. Put on some + reading glasses and look at your tablet from about 6 to 7 inches away and thats what you get to see with no glare.

OMG....stop it! I really want them!!! Did you have to replace the lens to the smaller one or was the one installed fine? Cause I read where your eyes are all over the screen from so much to look at. Figured it might be a little over kill, and I use glasses also, but I know there is no issue with that! Just wondering if I should change the lens rite off the bat.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I fly with a cheap set of "cardboard" Goggles and Litchi all the time.
Pros: cheap, it works
Cons: once you get set up, since your device is now being used as goggles, making changes is difficult.
Notes: I very rarely have to make any changes, so pros outweigh cons for me. Also, there are 3 setting for head tracking; gimble up/down only, joystick mode - turn your head and bird wil yaw to that direction until you straighten out, and immersion mode - true head tracking. I fly using an android device. I am assuming that these 3 modes are also available with the apple version as well.

Yea that's another thing I wish I COULD do with the headplays. But I know it only works with other apps, and I'm not to fond of using third party apps to fly my$1500 drone, But I am aware that using my iPhone with Litchi will give me that head tracking witch is AWESOME!!!

I tried a VR headset but had some issues with my iPhone 6s overheating and shutting down.

Now I have the very expensive Zeiss Cinemizers connected to the HDMI port. They are light and much less bulky than other solutions.
Great picture to.
If you get them but the eye shields, they help block out sunlight.

With these goggles you can easily look below them to see the screen of your tablet.

I've dropped £100 deposit on the Epson headset in the UK. Retail £629 overall. They "expect" shipments in October 2016 - but like all these things I doubt it. Saves me having to decide on a new tablet though, which is a £200+ saving anyway.
Hi, I'm very interested in this and looks like it's ready in Dec - it wouldn't allow me to place an order or deposit but they will email me when they can. Looks and amazing product!

There are pros and cons to every setup. With Litchi, your mobile device is then on your forehead -- which means you cannot look down and interact with Litchi.
Do any of the aux controls on the R/C controller work while you're flying a Litchi mission with your iPhone in a pair of VR BOX type goggles? IOW, If I'm flying a Litchi mission, can I still use the PAUSE button, or the video start/stop or the camera still button on the R/C controller? Does the RTH button still work?

Do any of the aux controls on the R/C controller work while you're flying a Litchi mission with your iPhone in a pair of VR BOX type goggles? IOW, If I'm flying a Litchi mission, can I still use the PAUSE button, or the video start/stop or the camera still button on the R/C controller? Does the RTH button still work?
Yes all the buttons work
I program them to toggle vr on and off, acess the look phone camera so i can see the surroundings

U can use a standard blue tooth mouse it presents an on screen cursor so u can press buttons etc if u want in litchi or any device for that matter

I fly with a cheap set of "cardboard" Goggles and Litchi all the time.
Pros: cheap, it works
Cons: once you get set up, since your device is now being used as goggles, making changes is difficult.
Notes: I very rarely have to make any changes, so pros outweigh cons for me. Also, there are 3 setting for head tracking; gimble up/down only, joystick mode - turn your head and bird wil yaw to that direction until you straighten out, and immersion mode - true head tracking. I fly using an android device. I am assuming that these 3 modes are also available with the apple version as well.

OK I've read all the posts in this thread but I still have a question... if I get the Headplay goggles AND my Shield tablet is running Litchi ..... Do I still need the HDMI output device installed on my P4 controller?? .or do i run the VR mode in the Litchi app and then where do I connect the Headplay goggles to?? my Shield tablet?? or??? and if I run the VR mode of the Litchi app do I see 2 little windows on the headplay screen?? Sorry for the long post but I'm confused as to how to connect the Headplays to my P4.

This might not be much help but I connect my headplay via HDMI to my iPad. I'm running a P2V+ with DJI VISION iOS app. Works great.

Anyone can botched for this? (REPOST)
I've seen it on youtube and bought it. Any other people using this set up?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl