FPV distance loss with RotorPixel Gimbal

Lol:D yep we are all the same, want things like "yesterday" I was exactly the same waiting for mine;)

Weathers crap here in the UK soooo more flying in doors;)
That must be killing you. I'm sure you want to get that Inspire of yours out and spread it's wings a bit.

Not to rub it in but the weather although hot was perfect today. I must have had ten flights messing around with the home lock and control lock. What great features and I'm getting more confidence using the Naza mode. Still watching videos and reading the manual before each flight and going over the different LED configuration but I'm getting it.

Yep it's killing me alright:( got more dust on it than flys:D it's sitting on my desk & all I can hear is a little quite voice saying "fly me, fly me":D so glad I've got the flight sim in the pilot app to use now that's brilliant;)

My poor old P2V, that's locked away in its case & I bet it's thinking it's gone into hibernation for the winter:eek:

Today it's meant to rain plus we've got friends coming over, when will I get out to fly.........

Not enough time in the day for me at the mo:(

Reactions: dirkclod
I've seen videos of the flight simulator and it looks like a fantastic learning tool. I'm looking to treat myself to an Inspire for Christmas:D. But that's a long way away and it will sit inside until spring.

I jinxed it regarding the weather, today is beautiful but 8 mph minds with 14 mph gusts:(. Just have to settle for flying my little Syma x5c inside and torment the cat LOL.

Yea I won't be flying the P2V again until next weekend as I am swamped with work. I work from home and usually can sneak out for a quick fly around but not this week I have a bunch of deadlines to meet.

I hope you have/had a pleasant Sunday!

Guys I have a filter question for you all. Which one do you find more helpful or does it really depend on the situation a neutral density or a polarizing filter?

As usual thank you for your input!

When I had the filter kit on I tried several but just ended up using the clear one to protect my lens .
Never did figure out which of the others changed anything for the type of photo's I take .
Not sure what the other fellow's are using with the 200 but sure someone will chime in Mike .

Reactions: Clampit
Guys I have a filter question for you all. Which one do you find more helpful or does it really depend on the situation a neutral density or a polarizing filter?

As usual thank you for your input!

I use a circular polarising filter which works great;) just got to set it up on the camera for the best affect. You do get some glare from the filters at certain angles on the photos but other than that there ok.

I use a circular polarising filter which works great;) just got to set it up on the camera for the best affect. You do get some glare from the filters at certain angles on the photos but other than that there ok.
You can eliminate some of that glare if ya use those black stickers on the bezal of your camera Porky if ya talking about stuff like this
{E261FF96-485C-4FF6-9505-2389582C1044}-Tea 002.JPG That ring was from reflecting off the bezel to the back of the filter .Looks like this
and is very helpful :) bezal sticker.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I picked up a polaroid set off eBay with a UV, circular polarizing and an FLD filter which I will never use but the whole kit was only $17.

Thanks guys. I picked up a polaroid set off eBay with a UV, circular polarizing and an FLD filter which I will never use but the whole kit was only $17.
Good choice :) Got mine from Amazon and bet they the same set !

Good choice :) Got mine from Amazon and bet they the same set !
Could be it was a good deal. I called a local camera store and the same kit was $29.

I just wish I would get an answer out of Keri at RPG letting me know when the gimbal will be ready for shipping. When I ordered it on 7/17 the website said approximately 2 weeks for delivery. Patience is a virtue but with all I've read, the videos I've seen and what you and Porky have said I'm chomping at the bit to get my hands on it.

Could be it was a good deal. I called a local camera store and the same kit was $29.

I just wish I would get an answer out of Keri at RPG letting me know when the gimbal will be ready for shipping. When I ordered it on 7/17 the website said approximately 2 weeks for delivery. Patience is a virtue but with all I've read, the videos I've seen and what you and Porky have said I'm chomping at the bit to get my hands on it.
Was mistaken Mike :eek: I get so much I done forgot where I get what ! Mine came from there too http://www.ebay.com/itm/46mm-UV-CPL...-Lumix-FZ38-/120586801235?hash=item1c13889053
You don't know about Keri bro... It is not uncommon for him not to answer E-Mails and sometimes it is slow there .Before the P3 came out he was swamped with orders but now I am afraid he might slow up a bunch . It's worth the wait though :)

Was mistaken Mike :eek: I get so much I done forgot where I get what ! Mine came from there too http://www.ebay.com/itm/46mm-UV-CPL...-Lumix-FZ38-/120586801235?hash=item1c13889053
You don't know about Keri bro... It is not uncommon for him not to answer E-Mails and sometimes it is slow there .Before the P3 came out he was swamped with orders but now I am afraid he might slow up a bunch . It's worth the wait though :)

Thanks for quick response and the link. I canceled my other order and picked up the one you got. It has the neutral density filter in it rather than a FLD which cancels out the white balance under fluorescent light. Not like I'm going to be taking any pics or do video indoors and it has a lens cap to boot.

No problem bro . One of those I never used as it adjust and didn't really know what I wanted so it still in the pack .:D

He did respond to an email I sent before I ordered one asking if he will have enough in this production run to fill all the orders he currently has and if I order one would I get it out of the current production run and he said he will have plenty. So I just have to wait it out.

He did respond to an email I sent before I ordered one asking if he will have enough in this production run to fill all the orders he currently has and if I order one would I get it out of the current production run and he said he will have plenty. So I just have to wait it out.
Killin ya waitin aint it :D Been there bro !

Killin ya waitin aint it :D Been there bro !
Sure is :mad:. I hope I get it before 9/8 cause there's a surprise birthday party for a buddy of mine that I would like to video for him. Gonna do it anyway but having the RPG would help out a bunch since I'm still earning my wings and my videos get a little bumpy sometimes.

They really help !
I saw that in your earlier post and search around for them. I was gonna make them myself but he sells of them for $8 and free shipping. Can't beat that with a stick!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers