FPV distance loss with RotorPixel Gimbal

:D Knocking huh :eek: Gets exciting to me when I get farther out than I have before . I do know what ya mean though ;) The RE700 is the best mod for the money I ever did but that just got me going and wanted more . Is addicting ! You do have a tracker right o_O
Ya never know when you might have a battery go bad and it autoland on ya like I did . I did have one the TK102 but it busted and the battery came out and looked for 3 days before I found it . Have the TK109B now and the battery is contained in this one :) If ya hadn't read this
MIA / FOUND ! | DJI Phantom Forum Will make ya get a tracker :eek:
I've only tried the waypoints one time and it just wasn't for me .Lot's love it .
Keri gonna come through . Ya gotta just keep checking that e mail box :rolleyes:

That was a heck of an experience you had there. Glad it all turned out well;)

No I don't have a tracker:( Which one do you recommend?

Fooling around on eBay now and will order as soon as I hear back from you:D

:D Knocking huh :eek: Gets exciting to me when I get farther out than I have before . I do know what ya mean though ;) The RE700 is the best mod for the money I ever did but that just got me going and wanted more . Is addicting ! You do have a tracker right o_O
Ya never know when you might have a battery go bad and it autoland on ya like I did . I did have one the TK102 but it busted and the battery came out and looked for 3 days before I found it . Have the TK109B now and the battery is contained in this one :) If ya hadn't read this
MIA / FOUND ! | DJI Phantom Forum Will make ya get a tracker :eek:
I've only tried the waypoints one time and it just wasn't for me .Lot's love it .
Keri gonna come through . Ya gotta just keep checking that e mail box :rolleyes:
I read your post too quick and I see that you have a TK109B;)
Yea gonna just have to sit tight and wait for Keri not much else I can do:(

Reactions: dirkclod
Reactions: Mike Drone7
yup the RE700 does amazing things for the Phantom Dirk convinced me to get one and love it, use to lose signal around 800 feet or so now unbelievable distance......
Hi Squid. Yea I had a holy crap moment a few months ago at 900 feet or so:confused: and lost FPV. Home lock and pulled the stick back saying a little prayer that it would come back to me. As soon as I got home from that I ordered the RE700 and the Tx with the thumb wheel. Love them both:D

Still waiting on my RotorPixel tho:( coming up on 2 months now since I ordered it:mad:

Ive been looking at those RPG, not keen on waiting 2 months though. They are obviously made to order.

Ive been looking at those RPG, not keen on waiting 2 months though. They are obviously made to order.

Welcome to the forum Nolzy;)

Give RPG a call before ordering;) you may be lucky & get a reply from them about ordering. I don't have their number but if you look back on this thread I'm sure you'll find it.

It makes such a difference, night & day comes to mine;)

Your choice;)

Porky beat me to it but welcome to the forum Nolzy;) I had a long wait but that was because parts were delayed during the latest production run. I can assure you they are not produced on a made to order basis and they may have some in stock ready to ship from the latest production run. You can read more about my wait in this thread "Is everything ok in Rotorpixel?"

Like Porky said the difference is night and day. Once I finally got mine and installed it I was amazed:D. Plus there's a lot of great people here that will give you pointers and answer any questions you may have. There's another great thread to read "RotorPixel Gimbal Technical Discussion" where there is a bunch of great info.

Here is the phone number for Keri at Rotor Pixel (647) 290-8378 but I had better luck via email.

On a side note as part of the shipment of parts for the latest production run Keri also has 50 mini boards and is in the process of developing the third axis stabilization for the gimbals.

Good luck to you but all I can say is it was worth the wait;)

@Nolzy76
Nolzy I got an email from Keri over at Rotor Pixel today and he has about a dozen gimbals ready to ship. If you're interested in one I'd order right away. They are worth every penny;)

Thanks guys, I've read most of the content in both threads you mentioned. Currently I've just been focusing on still pictures due to videos not being he best without a gimbal but definitely look forward to getting one shortly. I've got the extra wait through the post also as I live in Australia plus exchange rate not the best either.

Thanks guys, I've read most of the content in both threads you mentioned. Currently I've just been focusing on still pictures due to videos not being he best without a gimbal but definitely look forward to getting one shortly. I've got the extra wait through the post also as I live in Australia plus exchange rate not the best either.
Good luck Bro all I can say is it's worth every penny and the wait. You'll be amazed once you get it installed. Keep me posted on how you make out!

Guys I'm a newbie and have only had my P2V for a few months. I'm considering getting a RotorPixel Gimbal which seems like an amazing addition to the P2V and I was wondering how much the FPV transmission is affected without any modifications to the P2V. As I said I'm a newbie and have read the entire RotorPixel Gimbal Technical Discussion thread and would not feel comfortable with making some of antennae mods mentioned. Also without any of the antennae mods how much does adding the RE700 WiFi extender help out? Lastly I'm not looking to get extreme distance enhancements to the P2V just keeping what I have out of the box (for now at least ;-).

This is what I did. I removed the one internal antenna and used one out of a wi fi extender in its place because it has a longer lead cable. I attatched it to the outside of the motor on the Gimbal since the bracket is covering the antenna on that side of the camera. where it says "do not cover, antenna inside"
20160409_200143.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl