FPV Delays - controller firmware reflashing poss solution ?

Reaction score
I'm experiencing FPV delays rather intermittently. I have 2 Phantom 3 P's and when I experience this problem it happens with both, the only common denominator being the remote controller.

I'm wondering if I reflashed the firmware for the remote controller may help. Can I reflash it with the same version of firmware ? ( I have all but the very latest 1.11 ) That's my main question.

Also I'm running 1.8 on my remote currently & 1.5.30 + on both aircraft, is there a compatibility issue there ?

A second question is, I'm also wondering what external conditions could be causing this ? It's happening with the craft only 3 ft away, so it's not distance.

Any ideas ?

Reactions: JoBe
Good point, but earlier in the day both aircraft were fine, then later, different geographic location, had the delay.

This morning at home, no issues, all with the same tablet , cable etc etc. I did reinstall the DJI Go app onto my android tablet, after making sure the former installation was completely uninstalled. I've been operating with this same tablet for a couple of years now. I did however have problems once with the DJI Go app which I had to reinstall.which seemed to solve the issue at that time

I've expirienced this issue in the past as well, it always seems fleeting, it's an issue for awhile, then it's mysteriously no longer an issue.

Hence my question about possible external issues. There are no trans mission towers in the area of any kind, nor cell towers, nor sub stations.

It leaves me wondering if there may be geologic influences I'm not aware of ! ie could an exceptionally rich iron deposit possibly be the culprit ? Probably more likelyare solar influences. I'll have to check sunspot activity for yesterday.

Which tablet are you running specifically? Every new app update continues to eat up more RAM space each time it seems. It could be possible that you are running out of RAM space on occasion. Just an idea to throw out.

Probably more likelyare solar influences. I'll have to check sunspot activity for yesterday.
i would just forget about worrying about solar influences its a red herring old wive's tale with these drones.

i would just forget about worrying about solar influences its a red herring old wive's tale with these drones.

I agree it is unlikely an issue, interference from earth is always more likely.
Solar wind wouldn't cause video delay, it would more likely crash one of the processors within the drone or make sensors return bad values.

I can't agree solar interference never happens. It sometimes does, it's just hard to know when it was the case.

Video lags are most often caused by mobile device or USB cable. Both of these can cause the issue sporadically, depending on environment and how they were connected. Mobile device should be set to max performance, with no additional apps installed which work in the background. WiFi, Bluetooth and GSM should be disabled during the flight. It is best to have it freshly rebooted.
USB cable - not much magic there, you should just check 2-3 different cables to make sure it's not the cause.

Hence my question about possible external issues. There are no trans mission towers in the area of any kind, nor cell towers, nor sub stations.
It leaves me wondering if there may be geologic influences I'm not aware of ! ie could an exceptionally rich iron deposit possibly be the culprit ? Probably more likelyare solar influences. I'll have to check sunspot activity for yesterday.
None of those things would make any difference at all.
Try looking into the most common cause of delay - the tablet you are running.
It's almost always the cause of lagging.

Which tablet are you running specifically? Every new app update continues to eat up more RAM space each time it seems. It could be possible that you are running out of RAM space on occasion. Just an idea to throw out.
Sorry been out of contact due to health issues. But I did figure out the problem Even though I had reinstalled the DJI Go app in my android tablet (Tab 4) apparently it was corrupted or something. I uninstalled and reinstalled again, and this time, it appears to be working fine.

So I guess whatever happened on that previus installation the download was corrupted, or just didn't install right, but as I said it's working great again now, with both of my P3P's

This also leaves me wondering if this had anything to do with my recently notorious fly away/crash back early last month.

Thanks for everybodys input, much appreciated.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl