FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: FPV Booster app DOUBLE FPV Range

Cocoa Beach Kiter said:
ToddSmi said:
Cocoa Beach Kiter said:
Question regarding the 7th channel functionality that you are working on for the Pro release.

How is the app 7th Channel different from the DroneExperts new item listed on their web-site -

Pre-order: DJI Vision+ 7th channel feature (lever+ electronics)

If I use the app, will I need the electronics or just the lever?

Trying to get an understanding of what I need!

Thanks

The Droneexpert solution is an expensive hardware solution, which from early reports, isn't currently working all that well, although I've been told the company is working on it. PVFlyer is trying to create a software solution. If successful, you would just need his new to be released app, and the slider lever for the remote control.

Thanks ... Where would I get just the slider lever? I did not see it on DroneExperts website. Haven't checked DJI.
There are plenty of CH-7 slide levers available in the market (around $10-$15). You may Google search or check out theses:

http://www.amazon.com/Pitch-Control-Pha ... B00IIO0GHW
http://www.amazon.com/Hobbypower-Contro ... B00L575D86
http://www.aerialdroid.com/eshop/multir ... s/199.html

PVFlyer said:
glennaxl said:
Any update if Apple have approved the V2?
The status is still "Waiting For Review" since we submitted last week. Maybe some of the Apple approval team is on summer vacation.

Sorry if this was answered in an earlier post. I feel like I am seeing mixed info here.

Does v2 activate channel 7 for camera tilt?

ResevorDG said:
PVFlyer said:
glennaxl said:
Any update if Apple have approved the V2?
The status is still "Waiting For Review" since we submitted last week. Maybe some of the Apple approval team is on summer vacation.

Sorry if this was answered in an earlier post. I feel like I am seeing mixed info here.

Does v2 activate channel 7 for camera tilt?
V2 (AKA FPV Booster V2) is a FREE upgrade of the current booster app (V1). It further improves FPV range & video quality by minimizing the impact of interference. It does NOT have channel-7 tilting capability.

We will also release a new Pro version app (AKA FPV Booster Pro) to enable channel-7 tilting, and other features like interference level control (Open/Urban area) and WPA Wifi encryption.

I would like to go ahead and order the 7th channel hardware now in anticipation of the pro version app supporting this feature. Before I order, how confident are you that this feature will be released and work as advertised? Thank you.

srandall25 said:
I would like to go ahead and order the 7th channel hardware now in anticipation of the pro version app supporting this feature. Before I order, how confident are you that this feature will be released and work as advertised? Thank you.
I suggest you to hold your order until at least our beta with channel-7 available. BTW, I will upload a channel-7 prototype demo on P2V+ shortly.

CH-7 Enabler Prototype Demo

I would like to share with you the CH-7 enabler prototype demo. CH-7 implementation of P2V+ is way more complicated than original P2V. Anyway, we made significant progress in the past week and resolved most of the major issues. Next step is going to test and fine tune the prototype in various versions of VISION app, including GS waypoints.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnp1JOSeTPc[/youtube]

Doesn't look like it goes completely horizontal or down all the way ? But still looks great !!!!

Mori55 said:
Doesn't look like it goes completely horizontal or down all the way ? But still looks great !!!!
Complete horizontal/vertical is a matter of CH-7 (X1) calibration of RC. The CH-7 Enabler does NOT deal with any calibration.

You will need to first download the Phantom2-Tool https://www.dropbox.com/s/icz90nramn56m ... 2-tool.rar, then calibrate X1 as usual before enabling CH-7. I think you have done that with original P2V.

There are few thinks that I noticed during tests of v+ booster and vision+ utility. The second one seems to cause problems with reconnecting to phantom when I was around 1 km away. I was able to reconnect only when phantom was 200 m away from me. I had full wifi signal, but the dji app failed to show the camera view, even as I had full wifi signal shown in the app.

Have you closed and restarted the app?

I did it several times during the flight. It didnt help anyway. It seems that dji app has to many bugs as well as many other wifies in the area breaks the connection. I tested both v+ booster as well as vision + utility for more then 10 days in different weather conditions. I can fly for 1.5 km in urban area using pentagram 12 dbi omni antenna and v+ booster with security enabled thru vision utility. I hope v+ booster update will improve the wifi connectivity issues

PVFlyer said:
[
Complete horizontal/vertical is a matter of CH-7 (X1) calibration of RC. The CH-7 Enabler does NOT deal with any calibration.

You will need to first download the hack version Phantom 2 Assistant https://www.dropbox.com/s/icz90nramn56m ... 2-tool.rar, then calibrate X1 as usual before enabling CH-7. I think you have done that with original P2V.

So if the RAR tool has to be used to calibrate the lever how will it be done on a MAC?
The old hack using RAR tool is for windows????

Re: CH-7 Enabler Prototype Demo

PVFlyer said:
I would like to share with you the CH-7 enabler prototype demo. CH-7 implementation of P2V+ is way more complicated than original P2V. Anyway, we made significant progress in the past week and resolved most of the major issues. Next step is going to test and fine tune the prototype in various versions of VISION app, including GS waypoints.

Looking really good! The DE hardware tilt had two problems;

1- When using the GS page, after setting up a flight mission, you could not upload the mission to the model. Press "Go" and the network connection would time out. Plus there seemed to be intermittent loss of telemetry data during flight, the altitude/distance numbers would show "N/A" randomly.

2- The actual tilting resolution was very "steppy", the camera moved in discreet steps up and down, annoying.

Your software tweak looks very smooth, yeah!!

BUT, this now begs the question, will there be any way to enable the TX tilt function for the poor stepchild, Vision "Classic" ??

Have you tried the hack ? I don't think I could get to work with vision app, maybe I'm wrong. I used it with the pv2. If I remember correctly I could Not even open it with the plus

cougar said:
So if the RAR tool has to be used to calibrate the lever how will it be done on a MAC?
You may use Parallel (or other VM tools) to run Windows app on Mac, or borrow a Windows PC to perform the calibration. You only need to calibrate once.

PVFlyer said:
cougar said:
You may use Parallel (or other VM tools) to run Windows app on Mac, or borrow a Windows PC to perform the calibration. You only need to calibrate once.

Thank you so much @PVFlyer for the answer.
In other words, no go without windows.

PVFlyer said:
V2 (AKA FPV Booster V2) is a FREE upgrade of the current booster app (V1). It further improves FPV range & video quality by minimizing the impact of interference. It does NOT have channel-7 tilting capability. We will also release a new Pro version app (AKA FPV Booster Pro) to enable channel-7 tilting, and other features like interference level control (Open/Urban area) and WPA Wifi encryption.
For all of us having the V1 Booster (which will be upgraded soon to V2), would it be possible to only buy a specific CH7 app (working on top or in parallel of the standard booster app) ?
This to avoid us to pay twice the Booster function if having to buy the Pro app :cry:
We are your first customers and best support ;)

OK, it's mainly a question of principle ... and I have some :D

PVFlyer said:

Awesome! Looks like a great start!

philarvropagan said:
PVFlyer said:
V2 (AKA FPV Booster V2) is a FREE upgrade of the current booster app (V1). It further improves FPV range & video quality by minimizing the impact of interference. It does NOT have channel-7 tilting capability. We will also release a new Pro version app (AKA FPV Booster Pro) to enable channel-7 tilting, and other features like interference level control (Open/Urban area) and WPA Wifi encryption.
For all of us having the V1 Booster (which will be upgraded soon to V2), would it be possible to only buy a specific CH7 app (working on top or in parallel of the standard booster app) ?
This to avoid us to pay twice the Booster function if having to buy the Pro app :cry:
We are your first customers and best support ;)

I bought the original booster app and in no way feel that I should get a free channel 7 upgrade. If he gets this working, this is a whole new feature that requires plenty of development time and testing. Come on folks...let's not be so cheap. This guy is not getting rich as this is a low volume business...help support his work so he can do more cool stuff.

PVFlyer said:

Good job!

ToddSmi said:
I bought the original booster app and in no way feel that I should get a free channel 7 upgrade. If he gets this working, this is a whole new feature that requires plenty of development time and testing. Come on folks...let's not be so cheap. This guy is not getting rich as this is a low volume business...help support his work so he can do more cool stuff.
Sorry, wasn't clear enough : I'm not expecting it for free !
Of course, it's a great job which require time, knowledge ... and to be duly paid in return. Moreover, I'll be very happy to pay for it, I miss too much this feature.

Just wanted to highlight that we never like to pay twice for a same thing.
OK, the Pro app will be just a matter of few USD and it will not stop me.
Let's say that it's just a matter of principle ... which I also can let it appart ;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94