FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: FPV Booster app DOUBLE FPV Range

Mori55 said:
+1 I agree once I have the booster app with channel 7 I won't need the other. Unless some would rather have the basic cheaper app , but then again just buy whatever suites your needs.
Mori55, I sent a PM to you earlier. Can you take a look and see whether you can help?

I bought the app yesterday, and while it has increased my FPV range it is nowhere near double as the subject of this thread suggests. I cannot read through 150 pages of posts, so maybe there is more info on this. I lost signal at about 1700 ft. but was able to regain it by adjusting the angle of my repeater face. Maybe that is the ticket? I have to be really cognizant of pointing straight at it. When I regained the wifi signal by adjusting, I had full telemetry and full bars, but my video was frozen until I backed out of camera mode and re-entered camera mode. I did not continue out after regaining signal so maybe I am being a bit harsh on my achieved range. Please advise if this is all to be expected. My settings were 640x480 15fps.

philarvropagan said:
RemE said:
PVFlyer said:
I think "pay twice", "upgrade" or "buy a specific CH7 app" are matters of packaging & pricing from commercial perspective. I don't expect any high volume business on the Pro version anyway. It's hard to justify spending substantial effort to develop some fancy upgrade path, such as in-app purchase for upgrade or separate CH7 app, etc. Maintaining 2 booster apps (standard/V2 & Pro verions) is busy enough, and X2 effort for both iOS and Android of 4 apps in total. If we do the same on original P2V, then there will be total 8 apps to maintain. We just don't have resources to develop and maintain 8 low volume apps. Furthermore, there are other clone apps hitting the market without too much R&D. The only R&D effort of the clones is how to copy it again, without even testing.

It seems like you should just dump the first app when the new one is ready, I would think most folks would like all of the new features and it would be easier for you with only 4 apps to maintain, Vision Classic and Vision+ in iOS and Android.

Just my 2 cents.

+1 ! I withdraw what I suggested regarding an addon for the 7ch. Furthermore, it's clear PVFlyer, that you're making a great job and that Maintenance in Operational Conditions on too many apps could turn to nightmare.
So I agree with RemE : once Booster Pro is confirmed as working fine for P2V and P2V+, you can remove the classic version from the stores.
Thanks for your suggestions. As a responsible developer, we have to take care of those unwilling/unnecessary to spend extra going for Pro version. I bet more than 50% of existing users are casual pilots and photographers, who prefer to stay with the current non-Pro V1 as long as we upgrade to V2.

Cocoa Beach Kiter said:
PVFlyer said:
Mori55 said:
Doesn't look like it goes completely horizontal or down all the way ? But still looks great !!!!
Complete horizontal/vertical is a matter of CH-7 (X1) calibration of RC. The CH-7 Enabler does NOT deal with any calibration.

You will need to first download the hack version Phantom 2 Assistant https://www.dropbox.com/s/icz90nramn56m ... 2-tool.rar, then calibrate X1 as usual before enabling CH-7. I think you have done that with original P2V.

Please forgive me for asking so many questions. This is my first RC and I am trying to understand exactly what I need to do.

Using the hack version you refer to above, is this something you run just to calibrate x-1 then you go back to using the current Phantom assistant afterwards for normal usage?

If this is correct, are there any instructions on calibrating using the hack version? I did notice when I ran the program there is a selection for phantom and gimbal, which is the proper selection?

Last question. Would using the normal calibration with current assistant mess-up the calibration done using the hack vers?

Thanks for your patient and help!

PVFlyer, I am sure you are absolutely slammed with everything... But I had a few questions that didn't get answers in the above quotes.

Thanks in advance!

BlackTracer said:
I bought the app yesterday, and while it has increased my FPV range it is nowhere near double as the subject of this thread suggests. I cannot read through 150 pages of posts, so maybe there is more info on this. I lost signal at about 1700 ft. but was able to regain it by adjusting the angle of my repeater face. Maybe that is the ticket? I have to be really cognizant of pointing straight at it. When I regained the wifi signal by adjusting, I had full telemetry and full bars, but my video was frozen until I backed out of camera mode and re-entered camera mode. I did not continue out after regaining signal so maybe I am being a bit harsh on my achieved range. Please advise if this is all to be expected. My settings were 640x480 15fps.
We advertise the app as "It boosts additional 50%-100% FPV range by a single click." May I know what's your un-boosted FPV range with 640x480/15fps? Are you running the booster on iOS or Android?

Wifi FPV is a bit tricky and very sensitive to interference. If you fly in Wifi congested area (depending on how strong/congested of 2.4G), it may boost shorter than 50% range. If you fly in open area, it may boost longer than 100% range.

Cocoa Beach Kiter said:
Cocoa Beach Kiter said:
Please forgive me for asking so many questions. This is my first RC and I am trying to understand exactly what I need to do.

Using the hack version you refer to above, is this something you run just to calibrate x-1 then you go back to using the current Phantom assistant afterwards for normal usage?

If this is correct, are there any instructions on calibrating using the hack version? I did notice when I ran the program there is a selection for phantom and gimbal, which is the proper selection?

Last question. Would using the normal calibration with current assistant mess-up the calibration done using the hack vers?

Thanks for your patient and help!

PVFlyer, I am sure you are absolutely slammed with everything... But I had a few questions that didn't get answers in the above quotes.

Thanks in advance!
I'm sorry that I missed your questions. It grows 5 pages rapidly within 24 hours.

Now get back to your questions. In order to make channel-7 working, you first need to calibrate it without opening VISION app. There are multiple threads in P2V forum (maybe also in P2V+ forum) and Youtube videos showing how to calibrate channel-7. You may search in the forum or google it. I found a couple of them below, and they are applicable to both P2V and P2V+.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7973&hilit=channel+7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VrncttesJ8

Thanks for the info and your help!

I assume you go back to using the current version of the assistant after you do the 7ch calibration. Correct?

Thanks again. Look forward to the Pro!

PVFlyer said:
BlackTracer said:
We advertise the app as "It boosts additional 50%-100% FPV range by a single click." May I know what's your un-boosted FPV range with 640x480/15fps? Are you running the booster on iOS or Android?

Wifi FPV is a bit tricky and very sensitive to interference. If you fly in Wifi congested area (depending on how strong/congested of 2.4G), it may boost shorter than 50% range. If you fly in open area, it may boost longer than 100% range.

I will try to clarify. I am testing in a familiar location that I fly at often. At that range and altitude in the exact same area, without boost, I have lost FPV with no way to recover except to come back closer. With the boost, I was able to maintain or regain connection by adjusting the repeater face at that distance. Don't get me wrong, it is making a difference. Actually last night I flew opposite from where I flew today. In other words starting at the other end of the park. I was able to get 1900+ ft with the same results where I could only get 1300 before. Again by re-aiming the repeater to where the craft was, I had full bars at 1900 ft. after losing the connection for a moment. With respect to congestion, the area is highly congested (10+ sources) at one end of the fly area, and not so congested at the other end (maybe 4 sources). Again, it is making a difference and I am not complaining. Let me rephrase, it is awesome. At close range (<=1500 feet) the signal is perfect 4 full bars. I don't normally fly long distance so just having full reception at medium distances is fantastic to me.

Cocoa Beach Kiter said:
Thanks for the info and your help!

I assume you go back to using the current version of the assistant after you do the 7ch calibration. Correct?

Thanks again. Look forward to the Pro!
The Phantom2-Tool is NOT assistant software, and you should use the same assistance software for calibration. Please watch the aforementioned Youtube carefully. Don't be lazy to read/watch.

BlackTracer said:
PVFlyer said:
BlackTracer said:

I will try to clarify. I am testing in a familiar location that I fly at often. At that range and altitude in the exact same area, without boost, I have lost FPV with no way to recover except to come back closer. With the boost, I was able to maintain or regain connection by adjusting the repeater face at that distance. Don't get me wrong, it is making a difference. Actually last night I flew opposite from where I flew today. In other words starting at the other end of the park. I was able to get 1900+ ft with the same results where I could only get 1300 before. Again by re-aiming the repeater to where the craft was, I had full bars at 1900 ft. after losing the connection for a moment. With respect to congestion, the area is highly congested (10+ sources) at one end of the fly area, and not so congested at the other end (maybe 4 sources). Again, it is making a difference and I am not complaining. Let me rephrase, it is awesome. At close range (<=1500 feet) the signal is perfect 4 full bars. I don't normally fly long distance so just having full reception at medium distances is fantastic to me.
Thanks garrock's hint. You may need to fly with higher altitude for longer range in order to maintain line-of-sight without obstacle between you and the aircraft. Another hint is to keep your aircraft at 12 o'clock in your radar to ensure repeater/antennas aiming properly.

ResevorDG said:
For Channel 7, I have noticed that many of you use the aftermarket black metal lever, do you guys like this better than the DJI brand white lever?

I never liked the rear tilt lever, it just barely does the job, not very fine control. If you are handy, you could make some mods..

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost ... count=3383

But the after market levers might be better at staying engaged with the tiny tilt pot on the board inside, some stock levers sometimes mechanically don't work well and need tweaking to fix.

PVFlyer said:
I'm sorry that I missed your questions. It grows 5 pages rapidly within 24 hours.

Now get back to your questions. In order to make channel-7 working, you first need to calibrate it without opening VISION app. There are multiple threads in P2V forum (maybe also in P2V+ forum) and Youtube videos showing how to calibrate channel-7. You may search in the forum or google it. I found a couple of them below, and they are applicable to both P2V and P2V+.

Hi PVFlyer, just to report that the Phantom2 Tool does not work with last P2V+ v3.04 firmware.
No access to the X1 calibration. :cry:

philarvropagan said:
PVFlyer said:

Hi PVFlyer, just to report that the Phantom2 Tool does not work with last P2V+ v3.04 firmware.

Mate, i'm with the latest firm (3.04) and can confirm it works.
Run the tool and choose the H2-3d option. Than run the assistant and you can calibrate the 7th channel.

opassac said:
philarvropagan said:
PVFlyer said:

Mate, i'm with the latest firm (3.04) and can confirm it works.
Run the tool and choose the H2-3d option. Than run the assistant and you can calibrate the 7th channel.

Yes and no, if you run the tool you can then calibrate and all is good. However if you power cycle it is all gone, so it does not stay???

I am a little confused... If you can enable the Ch 7 using the tool and calibrate it using the assistant - then what is the Pro app that PVFlyer developing going to do for you in reference to Ch7?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119