FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: FPV Booster app DOUBLE FPV Range

So have you tried the hack ? If so could you show us The movement of it after you calibrate it ?

PVFlyer wrote:
V2 (AKA FPV Booster V2) is a FREE upgrade of the current booster app (V1). It further improves FPV range & video quality by minimizing the impact of interference. It does NOT have channel-7 tilting capability. We will also release a new Pro version app (AKA FPV Booster Pro) to enable channel-7 tilting, and other features like interference level control (Open/Urban area) and WPA Wifi encryption.

I think the above is a great idea, particularly for those who want to simply take the opportunity to update/ replace the present FPV Booster App without necessarily getting involved with a channel-7 tilting capability and encryption function as may later be offered on a pro version of the software App.
That having been said, I for one would be more than willing to pay an additional cost for the upgrade, as the time and effort to develop V2 is most certainly welcomed and the developers should IMO be compensated for their efforts.

Re: CH-7 Enabler Prototype Demo

PVFlyer said:
I would like to share with you the CH-7 enabler prototype demo. CH-7 implementation of P2V+ is way more complicated than original P2V. Anyway, we made significant progress in the past week and resolved most of the major issues. Next step is going to test and fine tune the prototype in various versions of VISION app, including GS waypoints

Congratulations on your sucess with ch7! Very impressive, and we'll done! Puts the DE option to shame and clearly demonstrates your inginuity.

PVFlyer said:
Mori55 said:
Doesn't look like it goes completely horizontal or down all the way ? But still looks great !!!!
Complete horizontal/vertical is a matter of CH-7 (X1) calibration of RC. The CH-7 Enabler does NOT deal with any calibration.

You will need to first download the hack version Phantom 2 Assistant https://www.dropbox.com/s/icz90nramn56m ... 2-tool.rar, then calibrate X1 as usual before enabling CH-7. I think you have done that with original P2V.

Please forgive me for asking so many questions. This is my first RC and I am trying to understand exactly what I need to do.

Using the hack version you refer to above, is this something you run just to calibrate x-1 then you go back to using the current Phantom assistant afterwards for normal usage?

If this is correct, are there any instructions on calibrating using the hack version?

Last question. Would using the normal calibration with current assistant mess-up the calibration done using the hack vers?

Thanks for your patient and help!

PVFlyer said:
cougar said:
So if the RAR tool has to be used to calibrate the lever how will it be done on a MAC?
The old hack using RAR tool is for windows????
You may use Parallel (or other VM tools) to run Windows app on Mac, or borrow a Windows PC to perform the calibration. You only need to calibrate once.
I assume the calibration would need to be re-accomplished if the Tx controller batteries are replaced, correct?

srandall25 said:
PVFlyer said:
cougar said:
So if the RAR tool has to be used to calibrate the lever how will it be done on a MAC?
The old hack using RAR tool is for windows????
You may use Parallel (or other VM tools) to run Windows app on Mac, or borrow a Windows PC to perform the calibration. You only need to calibrate once.
I assume the calibration would need to be re-accomplished if the Tx controller batteries are replaced, correct?

No, once the TX is calibrated, it remains calibrated. This cal is required only because the X1 pot (Ch7) had not been used before, so the range needs to be calibrated with the lever used. It should be a one time thing.

Mori55 said:
So have you tried the hack ? If so could you show us The movement of it after you calibrate it ?
Yes, my buddy loaded CH-7 enabler prototype into my P2V+ from his development Mac. I videoed the tilting myself in the demo. I did not pay too much attention on X1 calibration, and I will try to calibrate it again later.

PVFlyer said:
I would like to share with you the CH-7 enabler prototype demo. CH-7 implementation of P2V+ is way more complicated than original P2V. Anyway, we made significant progress in the past week and resolved most of the major issues. Next step is going to test and fine tune the prototype in various versions of VISION app, including GS waypoints.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnp1JOSeTPc[/youtube]

wooohooo! excited about this one, Tony. cheers!

RemE said:
Looking really good! The DE hardware tilt had two problems;

1- When using the GS page, after setting up a flight mission, you could not upload the mission to the model. Press "Go" and the network connection would time out. Plus there seemed to be intermittent loss of telemetry data during flight, the altitude/distance numbers would show "N/A" randomly.

2- The actual tilting resolution was very "steppy", the camera moved in discreet steps up and down, annoying.

Your software tweak looks very smooth, yeah!!

BUT, this now begs the question, will there be any way to enable the TX tilt function for the poor stepchild, Vision "Classic" ??
In fact, we built CH-7 prototype on original P2V prior P2V+ a few weeks ago. Take a look of another demo. It's a lot easier than P2V+. My buddy has still been waiting for replacement of his brand new malfunctioned P2V+ for development & testing.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYVXajRSFS4[/youtube]

ToddSmi said:
philarvropagan said:
For all of us having the V1 Booster (which will be upgraded soon to V2), would it be possible to only buy a specific CH7 app (working on top or in parallel of the standard booster app) ?
This to avoid us to pay twice the Booster function if having to buy the Pro app :cry:
We are your first customers and best support ;)

I bought the original booster app and in no way feel that I should get a free channel 7 upgrade. If he gets this working, this is a whole new feature that requires plenty of development time and testing. Come on folks...let's not be so cheap. This guy is not getting rich as this is a low volume business...help support his work so he can do more cool stuff.
I think "pay twice", "upgrade" or "buy a specific CH7 app" are matters of packaging & pricing from commercial perspective. I don't expect any high volume business on the Pro version anyway. It's hard to justify spending substantial effort to develop some fancy upgrade path, such as in-app purchase for upgrade or separate CH7 app, etc. Maintaining 2 booster apps (standard/V2 & Pro verions) is busy enough, and X2 effort for both iOS and Android of 4 apps in total. If we do the same on original P2V, then there will be total 8 apps to maintain. We just don't have resources to develop and maintain 8 low volume apps. Furthermore, there are other clone apps hitting the market without too much R&D. The only R&D effort of the clones is how to copy it again, without even testing.

How will this work ? You launch the new booster app and channel 7 starts working ?

personally, I would gladly pay for a software 7ch enabler as opposed to a more expensive hardware 7ch enabler. take my money.

tizzl10 said:
personally, I would gladly pay for a software 7ch enabler as opposed to a more expensive hardware 7ch enabler. take my money.

not to mention, the hardware enabler means more weight which is less flight time. its a no brainer.

Cocoa Beach Kiter said:
Why did DJI not enable ch7 in the first place?

1) For provide us something to do / read while rainy time :D
2) Because Quick Release P2+ they didn't have enough time for finish 7th chanel enabled :geek:
3) May be a future paid feature... Just business :D

For now i'm a happy booster app user, 1.3 km in semi urban environment. A few video loss but it works great. I'm a researcher, so i'll be glad to paid for the 7th channel feature... efforts have to be compensated :mrgreen:

Mori55 said:
How will this work ? You launch the new booster app and channel 7 starts working ?
We will add an ON/OFF switch somewhere below interference level of the Pro version, and you may preset it to either ON or OFF. All you need to do is clicking the BOOST button before every flight, which is the same single click as the current booster app. It will boost the aircraft and enable CH-7 at the same time.

PVFlyer said:
I think "pay twice", "upgrade" or "buy a specific CH7 app" are matters of packaging & pricing from commercial perspective. I don't expect any high volume business on the Pro version anyway. It's hard to justify spending substantial effort to develop some fancy upgrade path, such as in-app purchase for upgrade or separate CH7 app, etc. Maintaining 2 booster apps (standard/V2 & Pro verions) is busy enough, and X2 effort for both iOS and Android of 4 apps in total. If we do the same on original P2V, then there will be total 8 apps to maintain. We just don't have resources to develop and maintain 8 low volume apps. Furthermore, there are other clone apps hitting the market without too much R&D. The only R&D effort of the clones is how to copy it again, without even testing.

It seems like you should just dump the first app when the new one is ready, I would think most folks would like all of the new features and it would be easier for you with only 4 apps to maintain, Vision Classic and Vision+ in iOS and Android.

Just my 2 cents.

RemE said:
PVFlyer said:

It seems like you should just dump the first app when the new one is ready, I would think most folks would like all of the new features and it would be easier for you with only 4 apps to maintain, Vision Classic and Vision+ in iOS and Android.

Just my 2 cents.

+1 ! I withdraw what I suggested regarding an addon for the 7ch. Furthermore, it's clear PVFlyer, that you're making a great job and that Maintenance in Operational Conditions on too many apps could turn to nightmare.
So I agree with RemE : once Booster Pro is confirmed as working fine for P2V and P2V+, you can remove the classic version from the stores.

+1 I agree once I have the booster app with channel 7 I won't need the other. Unless some would rather have the basic cheaper app , but then again just buy whatever suites your needs.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119