FPV Booster App DOUBLE Vision+ FPV Range

Re: Software Boosted Vision+ DOUBLE FPV Range

PVFlyer said:
srandall25 said:
Are you considering putting this app in the Cydia app store?

AFAIK, there is no plan to put the app in Cydia for the time being. I wonder why you are so keen to put it in Cydia. JB iPhone can still download apps from the official App Store.
Because it will take ages to get approved lol. At least 2 weeks after submitting before it's up. And then apple could call it a hack and decline it. They decline apps for more stopid reasons...
On cydia it takes an hour max to make the reposition and upload it there. You will also get 100% of 5 usd instead of 70% i think.

borgqueenx said:
PVFlyer said:
srandall25 said:

AFAIK, there is no plan to put the app in Cydia for the time being. I wonder why you are so keen to put it in Cydia. JB iPhone can still download apps from the official App Store.
Because it will take ages to get approved lol. At least 2 weeks after submitting before it's up. And then apple could call it a hack and decline it. They decline apps for more stopid reasons...
On cydia it takes an hour max to make the reposition and upload it there. You will also get 100% of 5 usd instead of 70% i think.

*repository

I am willing to pay for the android version. But wonder if the current android apps can still work with the phantom AP after the next phantom firmware upgrade since DJI may block the third party apps access. :?:

DBS said:
Looking forward to seeing how this goes ... settings in the app to select different power levels (including that full 500mw) would be awesome also.

Keep us updated and be sure to charge a few bucks for that app to pay your friend his dues for all the hard work...

Boosting to 500mW may not be possible due to certain limitation of DJI's Wifi control. It's also risky of overheating the Wifi chip without proper heatsink and ventilation. It might burn out the chip, and have to replace the whole Wifi module. DJI's genuine parts are not cheap.

My thoughts exactly. Its like turning up the clock speed on a computer chip. It may be able to do it momentarily but without proper heat sink and cooling you will burn out your chip.

Well i'm looking forwards to progress, just sad you guys are not considering cydia to begin with. Its like having a APK for android...but then for iOS. Already mentioned the other advantages. instead of having it in the app/play store.

PVFlyer said:
My thoughts exactly. Its like turning up the clock speed on a computer chip. It may be able to do it momentarily but without proper heat sink and cooling you will burn out your chip.

Unsure about who wrote/posted the above quoted message into my post somehow though I agreed with it.

PVFlyer said:
PVFlyer said:

Unsure about who wrote/posted the above quoted message into my post somehow though I agreed with it.

Stranger things have happened :) Good to know you're at least agreeable with yourself. :lol:

PVFlyer said:
srandall25 said:

Actually I would prefer the normal app store, but was asking if you are considering putting it in the Cydia store because that is something that could be done now without all the red tape and approval process required from Apple.

I did the second Vision Booster FPV range test over the sea with higher Preview Quality 640x480 15fps. It seems less interference than previous test. I achieved around 800m with stock aircraft/repeater, and 1400m after software boosted.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pQeQPD0UQk[/youtube]

PVFlyer said:
I did the second Vision Booster FPV range test over the sea with higher Preview Quality 640x480 15fps. It seems less interference than previous test. I achieved around 800m with stock aircraft/repeater, and 1400m after software boosted.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pQeQPD0UQk[/youtube]

Very very cool . :twisted:

Really awesome!
Looking forwards to see how it works together with enabling desame settings on the wifi repeater.

I would pay money for it as well!!! Cant wait for it to come out

Brandon H said:
I would pay money for it as well!!! Cant wait for it to come out

Agreed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DBS said:
dragonash said:
hey DBS!

PVFlyer-
The next step is making that extender work with the FC40! I would love to get rid of my linksys wrt54g for extra distance

What's up Dragon!! So many familiar names in the past few days... awesome to see you here bro!!

Armaal said:
DBS said:
When will this app be available in the playstore?

I'm happy to see you here DBS :)
Top five of world users long range AR drone arrive here
Missing yet Garrock, Solaris and maybe others

Armaal!!!! Dude ... long time no see ... decided to fly again... been a year now and finally this thing popped up with all the features I've been looking for and couldn't resist :mrgreen:

Garrock is on board... had his since yesterday and had a minor scuff with a Bush and broken prop already :lol: ... hope that Solaris dude doesn't show up though... I could live without all that drama :ugeek:

Garrock is here too? Awesome!
Yeah, I ditched all my AR drones when they finally get the original phantom GPS. I can never go back to the drone now :)

PVFlyer said:
dragonash said:
The next step is making that extender work with the FC40! I would love to get rid of my linksys wrt54g for extra distance

Vision/Vision+ repeaters are not compatible with FC40. You may change directional antenna on your Linksys and/or load DD-WRT to squeeze more power/range for FC40.

yeah, i use a wrt54G with modded 10db antenna and ddwrt on it.

What I was really hoping for is that nice little compact extender that has its own battery supply and attaches to the remote.
You know, a nice all in one thing. It would also make it easier to "aim" at the phantom since the repeater is normally stationary on the floor.

I still believe that the vision extender CAN be hacked and made to work with other cameras.

OR....
hear me out..

OR.... have the FC40 camera change its name and make the extender THINK it's a vision camera.
Cmon!!! Get your friend on it!

May I know how many of you are using Android or iDevice? How many of you using both Android and iDevice?

A. iOS device only
B. Android device only
C. Both iOS and Android device

I would pick "C", as I use iPhone and HTC as my phones, I use Nexus 7 for flying Vision+, and use iPad3 for web surfing.

Such information would help us to prioritize the resources on development.

PVFlyer said:
May I know how many of you are using Android or iDevice? How many of you using both Android and iDevice?

A. iOS device only
B. Android device only

I would pick "C", as I use iPhone and HTC as my phones, I use Nexus 7 for flying Vision+, and use iPad3 for web surfing.

A. iOS device only for me.

PVFlyer said:

A. iOS device only
B. Android device only

Android only.

also, see here ;)
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13496&start=50#p125344

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20