Forced landing

Reaction score
I have my voltage settings set for 10.60 and 10.40 for the first and second alarms.

Today, I got the second alarm and wanted to run the battery down until it landed. I was basically going up and down until it landed on it's own.

I still had full power going up, but then, suddenly, it started descending quickly. Full power had no effect whatsoever and it landed a little hard.

Now my question is this. Is that normal when the battery reaches the lower limit or do I have the alarm set so low that it just doesn't have the power to keep it in the air?

FWIW, after I unhooked the battery, the voltage was 11.00, so the offset is .60, just like the default setting.That was kind of the point of running the battery until it landed, so I would know it was down to 10.40 volts under load.

darwin-t said:
Now my question is this. Is that normal when the battery reaches the lower limit or do I have the alarm set so low that it just doesn't have the power to keep it in the air?

quote]

Its not a question of it just does not have enough power to keep it in the air - although it seems like it I must admit.

The flight controller says to itself - "Ah - the battery has reached the second level voltage so I will auto land".

Simple as that.

This is to protect the battery going below the 2nd level voltage so it doesn't knacker (Technical phrase) the battery.

The rule of thumb here is to have the a/c near you and at a height of five or six feet at the 1st level warning AT LEAST.

Just one other comment - it is NOT recommended to discharge the battery below 20% of its capacity - you might be on the borderline - rather make not below 22% of its capacity. It will lengthen the life of the battery.

Have you seen the chart I have posted?

Pete

What I do is this , I know I can get 11 min of safe flight , so I set my clock for 9 min. And get it back to shore, I've had it out over the sea when it won't gain any hight, very scary I also have an alarm on ship as soon as that beeps it's time to land, and battery comes back safe, once it gets to we're it starts to sink that's it! And it's not good on the battery :shock:

I'm only taking it down to 10.40 under load, 11.00 resting.But there has to be a point where it doesn't have enough power to keep the motors going.....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl