For those of you who do want more ins and outs of the P4Pro

Reaction score
Just a couple of thoughts of possible interest.

I screwed up and bought the P4pro + and because it doesn't accept 3rd party apps, I ended up getting a regular p4pro controller and went to GAZELLE (internet) for a used ipad Air - 2 9.7". The drone works like a charm! Frys has an 18" cable for the ipad (I suggest you ignore Android all together, and yes I do have an android phone with djis app)

I am 107 certified and will be using Drone Deploy for my commercial maps. Extra note. If you do want to make complex maps ( 70 + images ), you can purchase Affinity Photo for 50 bucks of the internet. It uses Siff processing and it is outstanding provided you have an i7 with 6gigs of memory. Note, use 12 gigs of memory if you want 4k images for your map. No 3d or measurements though, just one heck of a stitched map.

If you want help, B&H photo has a wonderful CD using the Photoshop CAFE by ColinSmith ( National Geographics i think ) His first couple of lessons did the usual stuff, but the later lessons after 4 were quite interesting and gave me more confdence in different situations. Definitely worth the 30 bucks.

PS: If you are doing mapping, remember you have to keep the drone in site at all times and that means the
controller too, so move around if there is a big block or something between you and the drone. ( line of site and they do mean line of site! )

Also, keep you cell phone in the truck or several feet away, the cell frequency can actually screw up the signal to the drone, particularly if you are flying more than 1 or more miles away.

If someone has tried on the weekends to fly in Class D air where the tower is closed and it has changed to an E or G, Please send me a note and let me know if the drone would fly within airspace 1 or 2 miles from the airport. We should be free to fly our units in ( E - not to the ground) and any G air space.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl