Flytrex Live and Flytrex Live 3G Not working

Reaction score
has FlyTrex stop supporting Flytrex Live and Flytrex Live 3G?
My last flight showing on the flytrex page is 5-25-2016. I fly every day its not raining.
is there s a problem?
Does anyone have any information?

Thanks

There was a firmware update and that processed without issue. I flew a couple of flights and nothing.
is there a way to tag Amit Regev in this post? Im sure he's a member. or he was

If you cellular account is not the problem, and you're sure the connections are still sound, and the behavior of the lamp on the bottom of the device makes sense to you, then I would email customer service.

If you cellular account is not the problem, and you're sure the connections are still sound, and the behavior of the lamp on the bottom of the device makes sense to you, then I would email customer service.
yes Ive messaged them on day one. I have 3 FlyTrex and none are functioning.

Well, to answer your original question, the site works perfectly for most of us. Good luck solving the problem.

Well, to answer your original question, the site works perfectly for most of us. Good luck solving the problem.
haha whos most of us? you are the only one posting besides me. what Phantom are you using FLytrex on?

The P2V. Been using it six months and no problems at all other than when my h2o account runs dry...
I've been using since February 2014. Started with the core (still have it) then went to live and live 3G. Currently have Installed on 2 Vison pluses one Vision and one Phantom 3.
I swap the sim between them but none work. I took the sim out and tested in a device and works no problem. Flytrex site said I needed firmware upgrade and that worked without issue.
So it has something to do with the Flytrex page. But as is its use less.

I found this forum a bit too late. I purchased a Live 3G unit for my P3P, picked up an AT&T go phone sim and cannot seem to get a connection / registration completed. The unit powers up and goes through the initial sequence but stops with a solid blue light indication. I have tried contacting Amit for the last week with ZERO responses from him. I am going to post my frustration to Facebook next. What a waste of $200. Trackimo will be my next purchase.

I found this forum a bit too late. I purchased a Live 3G unit for my P3P, picked up an AT&T go phone sim and cannot seem to get a connection / registration completed. The unit powers up and goes through the initial sequence but stops with a solid blue light indication. I have tried contacting Amit for the last week with ZERO responses from him. I am going to post my frustration to Facebook next. What a waste of $200. Trackimo will be my next purchase.
These were the best tracking units made. Not sure what happened. I have 3 :-/

Have you browsed the Flytrex wiki? Flytrex Live - user's Wiki!
There's a section on LED Sequence and manually setting your APN. I recall when I got my first one a couple years ago (which turns out was bricked), sometimes the APN set does not match your carrier, so you have to set it manually. You can find APN info for your carrier all over the interwebs.

I'll save you the click to get you started:
Stuck on blue

• Solid blue LED sequence: This LED sequence indicates that your SIM card is failing to properly connect with the Live network. We recommend that you do a few things: (1) Check to ensure that your SIM card has a working plan on it and is activated, (2) Try a different network's SIM card in your Live device, (3) Confirm that your SIM card is supported by a 3G GSM network (or has a card that is 3G backwards compatible).

Thanks for the "heads up" on the wiki lead. I will try to update the firmware and see about the APN settings although I am not sure how to update either if it will not connect. Do I use a USB in place of the SIM? I already verified that my SIM is activated and working correctly by throwing it in a phone. I was told AT&T does use the 3G network and is a carrier that is suggested by Flytrex.

Thanks for the "heads up" on the wiki lead. I will try to update the firmware and see about the APN settings although I am not sure how to update either if it will not connect. Do I use a USB in place of the SIM? I already verified that my SIM is activated and working correctly by throwing it in a phone. I was told AT&T does use the 3G network and is a carrier that is suggested by Flytrex.
You plug the Flytrex into your pc w/ a usb cable. The APN settings are stored on the Flytrex so it doesn't matter if your device is able to connect or not. One other question, when you activated the SIM did you register it to the FLytrex's IMEI number? Some providers have an issue w/ a device with an unregistered IMEI connecting to their network (T-Mobile gave me some problems when I was registering my Flytrex back in the day). Also IMEI's can resolve to the type of device... so perhaps AT&T is expecting a phone's IMEI but the Flytrex is resolving as a data-only device?

From the Live FAQ:

6. When ordering a SIM card for my new Flytrex Live my mobile carrier is asking for the Live's IMEI number. Where can I find it?
To locate your Live IMEI number you first need to register your Live device, if you haven't already. Once registered, enter your Flytrex Account Settings -> Live and click on the Manage option for your Live device. Your Live IMEI number is listed at the bottom of this page.

In any case, it seems like it's an issue w/ your setup with the carrier. If it was an issue w/ the Flytrex hardware, you'd see blinking reds or pulsing purples.

Thanks again for the info. I will contact AT&T and see if they need the updated IMEI number from the Flytrex Live device. I will see if that fixes my problem before changing any APN settings.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic