Flytrex Issue - Solved

Reaction score
I was having issues with my Flytrex causing loss of FPV. I confirmed the problem was with the Flytrex by removing it - problem went away. Reinstalled - problem back.
I contacted Flytrex. Rebecca** asked me to check that all connections were secure. I told her I had basically done that when I removed and reinstalled it, but I did what she asked. The problem still persisted. She sent me out a new adapter kit which is the interface board and all cables. I was skeptical it would make a difference as the adapter has no electronic components, it is only a connection point for all the cables. I was convinced it was a compatibility issue some on this forum have mentioned.
Well, it arrived today. Problem solved!! I can only guess that it might have been a bad wire crimp or a cold solder joint on the adapter.
I love this device so I am very happy at the outcome. Even with the great range of lightbridge, being able to see where I am on a long distance, out of range waypoint mission is very reassuring, not to mention the peace of mind if it ever gets lost. If anyone is having this problem, don't give up until you try this fix. And for those of you on the fence about buying it, my opinion is that there is no compatibility issue. If there were, the problem would be on all P3s.

** Rebecca's friendly and helpful customer support is a great asset to Flytrex!.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31