Flying problem......

I can replicate the situation. My old bird, FC40 will do exactly the same thing, taking off and flying to the right at a great rate of knots without any input from me.

The reason mine does that is because of a pair of third party props, if you are using third party props take em off and use the DJI ones, if you are using DJI props,
try the second pair you received with the bird. This may not fix your problem but it is worth a go.

I did take video of me testing both types of props but have not uploaded it yet.

Cheers

The bird has only been with me for less than a month. around the same time i joined this forum.

There is NO right drifting when it is in manual mode. i will do the manual test AGAIN today and try to keep it in the air to confirm for sure.
Someone lending me an rc to test if my controller is defective will be a hard task lol.
I have gone through 2 propeller sets. Will try a fresh pack today to keep it a semi controller experiment
The transmitter and controller both seem ok in my software assistant. What are the signs of failing gps module?

Looks like you're at a softball field. Any chance the chain link backstop could be causing interference?

i wish it was just interference....ive been to farms and parks....def not the problem......thanks for the input though...

himo said:
There is NO right drifting when it is in manual mode. i will do the manual test AGAIN today and try to keep it in the air to confirm for sure.

If your bird is NOT drifting right in manual mode, then that it telling you the transmitter, receiver, and mainboard are fine. That would leave me to believe the NAZA flight controller is the issue.

himo said:
is this normal to see when clicking calibrate in the asssistant for the rc?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/905 ... 6%20PM.png
Yes. You just need to click Next on the screen there to complete the calibration.
If you never clicked on next, the calibration never completed. After you click next, the sliders should all be centered.
And you need to do the same calibration again in the Phantom Assistant software..

Strange that you have the iTunes menu and not the RC assistant menu. I'd keep your input on the RC assistant software until the calibration is done.

First of all, sorry to hear about your problem. I hope you find the culprit and get it sorted but maybe since your controls showed to not be fully calibrated looking at the picture hopefully recalibration will fix your issue.

Dirty Bird said:
himo said:

If your bird is NOT drifting right in manual mode, then that it telling you the transmitter, receiver, and mainboard are fine. That would leave me to believe the NAZA flight controller is the issue.

+1
( That's why I asked that :lol: :lol: )

cahutch said:
himo said:
is this normal to see when clicking calibrate in the asssistant for the rc?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/905 ... 6%20PM.png
Yes. You just need to click Next on the screen there to complete the calibration.
If you never clicked on next, the calibration never completed. After you click next, the sliders should all be centered.
And you need to do the same calibration again in the Phantom Assistant software..

Strange that you have the iTunes menu and not the RC assistant menu. I'd keep your input on the RC assistant software until the calibration is done.

Agree with "cahutch" that it is strange you see the iTunes menu and not RC assistant on top of screen. But the values should be 0 when you start if all is ok (just plug in the controller and not moving sticks or pressing any buttons).

I am on a MAC as well and my values are 0 and the menu for the FantomRC is on top of screen.
Try to delete the RC assistant and reinstall?

Edit: You might also want to check the USB connection, do the values change (full range) when you move the sticks?
Also see that you have the X1 channel active, did you by any chance install the lever function for ch. 7, if so did you do a successful calibration in booth RC assist as well as Phantom assist after this was done?

really a bummer. after it starts totake off do you do anything to bring it to the ground or is the whole event without input from you?

in computers when they misbehave we unplug everything and plug them back in again. i dont think i read that you had even opened the shell, but i did read that you replaced the compass. to me it looks like your quad is reporting correct settings so i would doubt software is the issue.

i also wondered the direction it flies is not the same each time? does it always fly north or just to the right everytime of whatever it is positioned would be indicatetive of a hardware issue to me. but if it goes north over and over then software is controlling it.

I have opened the quad many times. I tried disconnecting some cables and reconnecting them hoping that would work but no......the direction is always to the right after take off...I was so sure of that because the left side of my take off point is a creek. I have control of up down left and right....it just keeps goin left at a fast speed so gets hard to control and I have to shut off motors close tp ground to avoid any severe damage......after calibration my control sticks are all at 0. .....like I said this did not start as a result of a crash....it started takin off right after that day in the park when I took off about 15 meters away from a dude flying his lil helicopter.....could that be the cause?? Is there anyway I could reset naza ?or mainboard? I

Sorry if this has already been suggested or mentioned but have you tried going to Phantom mode to see if you only have this problem in Naza mode and then maybe depending on the result go back to Naza mode?

Yes my last test was in phantom mode....i wanted to keep it as basic as possible. phantom mode is full gps mode ........lets just say last test was in phantom mode lol and it did not go well.....im losing propellers like im losin hair...........if i come to think about it.....i spent 725 on a gimbal .....20 bucks on compass........naza up next?? gettin rediculous....im starting to doubt DJI......with all the costs incurred i shoulda have just moved on to a discovery pro .......i loved my quad wen it was working......its like a dieng cancer patient right now.....just gotta know when i should let go.....im purchasing naza v2 because if thats not the problem then im building my own quad using the new naza ill be buying......hopefully NAZA is the problem....

Questions:

when i purchase naza v2 flight controller ive noticed that the phantom 2 vision plus version just says phantom on it ? is there a specifif naza v2 flight controller FOR phantom 2 vision. would this be the correct flight controller to buy ?? http://rcflightstore.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=5234. Its the closest one to me.

how do i remove the previous NAZA. I noticed that its somehow glued to the board.....any videos or instructions on removing it??

i could sit here and run more tests but now im putting other components of my quad at risk. I will be running my last test today. I havnt gotten around to doing my 2nd manual test just to confirm no drift. will try to do so today. but thinkin of manual mode gives me the creeps......

The quad for some reason loves to drift right ......no matter where im facing its always right. i always make sure my right has bushes or grass for better landing after i shut her off.

values from assistant today ...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m3k8q1z6j7nl ... 2pvAdg72ia

thanks DB .....is it easy to remove the previous one?? not sure how it comes off the mainboard

himo said:
Yes my last test was in phantom mode....i wanted to keep it as basic as possible. phantom mode is full gps mode ........lets just say last test was in phantom mode lol and it did not go well.....im losing propellers like im losin hair...........if i come to think about it.....i spent 725 on a gimbal .....20 bucks on compass........naza up next?? gettin rediculous....im starting to doubt DJI......with all the costs incurred i shoulda have just moved on to a discovery pro .......i loved my quad wen it was working......its like a dieng cancer patient right now.....just gotta know when i should let go.....im purchasing naza v2 because if thats not the problem then im building my own quad using the new naza ill be buying......hopefully NAZA is the problem....

Questions:

when i purchase naza v2 flight controller ive noticed that the phantom 2 vision plus version just says phantom on it ? is there a specifif naza v2 flight controller FOR phantom 2 vision. would this be the correct flight controller to buy ?? http://rcflightstore.com/product_info.p ... ts_id=5234. Its the closest one to me.

how do i remove the previous NAZA. I noticed that its somehow glued to the board.....any videos or instructions on removing it??

i could sit here and run more tests but now im putting other components of my quad at risk. I will be running my last test today. I havnt gotten around to doing my 2nd manual test just to confirm no drift. will try to do so today. but thinkin of manual mode gives me the creeps......

The quad for some reason loves to drift right ......no matter where im facing its always right. i always make sure my right has bushes or grass for better landing after i shut her off.

values from assistant today ...

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m3k8q1z6j7nl ... 2pvAdg72ia

The Naza controller module is held in place by a spongy double tape substrate. If you carefully insert a thin flat screwdriver under the module, you can gently pry it around the perimeter and you'll be able to get it loose. Make sure all your wiring has been detached first, and take photos so you can reattach them correctly. Good luck.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj