Flying problem......

Reaction score
OK guys i need help this is getting frustrating.

Ok so the other day i took off and after 2 seconds my phantom decided to go right and there was nothing i could do to stop it. There was a person flying a small rc device near by so i thought i crashed because of that.As a result of the incident i had to use locktite to fix my gimbal and level out the x axis. I also recalibrated using assistant and made sure all the values are within normal range. Went back at it again, same thing again takes off levels off at im guessing 2 meters for 2 seconds and then does the same thing heads right. I tried swithching to ATTI mode to regain control thinking maybe gps is being weird. I had 9 sattelites and it locked home. Nothing worked i lose complete control and it heads right. As a result of my 2nd crash, the black ribbon on the camera ripped off. I went and bought a new gimbal. recalibrated, made sure there satellites and its flashing greeen and no reds at all. Same thing happens again flys and levels for like 2 seconds and then heads right. Luckily todays crash only destroyed 3 propellers. My new gimbal is safe. I will remove it now untill i know my bird can fly normally. I really dont know what to do at this point. I even re calibrated my controller. I am not sure whats happeneing. This did not start happeneing as a result of a crash.

Check the IMU in the phantom assistance on the pc. I think your gyro sensors are out.
Just ignore the Mc overheat warning when doing an advanced calibration.

for some reason it just asked to do an advanced calibration. I am not sure how level the ground was but it calibrated successfully before i took off. Is there a reason why my gyros keep messing up even after calibration? right now numbers look fine. This is so frustrating knowing that i have to go test it out and watch it crash. I will test it in the morning and record a video of the testing to show you guys.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-07 at 1.01.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-07 at 1.01.57 AM.png
    318.1 KB · Views: 1,118
himo said:
for some reason it just asked to do an advanced calibration. I am not sure how level the ground was but it calibrated successfully before i took off. Is there a reason why my gyros keep messing up even after calibration? right now numbers look fine. This is so frustrating knowing that i have to go test it out and watch it crash. I will test it in the morning and record a video of the testing to show you guys.

You need to be absolutely sure you do the advanced calibration on a perfectly level surface as the calibration tells the phantom when its level, if you do it on a slope the phantom will think that angle of tilt is "level" and will cause you all kinds of problems ;)

How did you replace gimbal? You mean the entire camera assembly?

Sorry for your issues. Sounding expensive.

What is history of this bird. Has it been flying fine before?

Hi guys

The history of the bird is clean!!! i have never crashed and do not do anything crazy. This all started the day i went to the park. I calibrated and took off and it hovered for like 2 seconds then went right and crashed onto a little cliff. The gimbal started being weird. I went home fixed it and leveled the X axis as much as i can. Did an advanced calibration then went for another test. Samething took off and went in one direction and crashed onto some bushes. Unfortunately, this time the cameras black ribbon ripped off. I went out and baught a new camera and replaced the older one. Tested again, but this time in a blueberry farm . took off, samething crashed into some blueberry bushes!!! chopped them right up lol . phantom is perfectly fine motors rotate perfectly, nothing wrong with it !!! luckily my new gimbal was fine so i decided to take it off until this issue is cleared!!! anyways im gonna test in a bit here because for some reason the advanced calibration took longer this time. These are my values before take off!!! you guys are my witnesses. i will be taking off from a flat surface i will make sure i have 10 sattelites, calibrate before take off. make sure everything is flashing green. i will wait 4 minutes before i take off. i will post the video later on. if it all goess well then ill just post a video of me flying the farm lol . wish me luck!!!

These are my values before take off !!i will post my values after test if it fails

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-07 at 10.29.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-07 at 10.29.04 AM.png
    373.3 KB · Views: 397
I am wondering if your flight controller might be failing? Odd that it has worked perfectly for so long and is suddenly been acting up, even after repeated calibration attempts.

It is still failing after numerous advanced calibration on the most flat surface you could find !!! i dont know what to do. I replaced the compass thinking that would help, but no luck still hovers afew seconds and heads down one direction and its usually to the right. I also noticed that sometimes when i try to calibrate it keeps switching from IMU ready to idle. sometimes the homelock green flashes happen twice. Could it be im losing GPS signal 2 seconds after take off? i tried flying in manual mode but ended up crashing not because of the same issue but because i flew manual mode. I am trying to narrow it down to gps or Main controller.......what are the symptoms of bad gps module??? i have no gimbal one right now because i do not want to crash it , so its hard for me to say how many satellties are showing. I usually wait couple of minutes after its flashing green......

Thanks matt,.....ok question....is there anyway it could be my remote control??? what version of Naza is in the phantom 2 vision plus ? im just hoping its not that but if it is ...i give up on fighting it ....i dont understand whats going on ....i have been exhausting myself reading online and asking...its just sad that my gimbal got screwed up because of my defective flight controller.......that just pisses me off.....if i rewind a couple of days ago...i was flying 1 km down the water like i had nothin to worry about....but now im scared to even take off.....

Theoretically, it could be the controller, the receiver, the mainboard, or the NAZA.

* You should be able to check that the controller is working properly by its responses in the RC Assistant.

* You should be able to check the receiver in the Software Assistant's calibration screen.

That leaves the NAZA & the mainboard. The mainboard is the cheaper of the two but, like replacing the NAZA, you won't know until you swap one out. Though it is more expensive, its a lot easier to swap the NAZA than the mainboard. The NAZA is just swapping plugs, whereas you'll have a lot more disassembly & soldering to do swapping the mainboard.

Can someone lend you a RC?
Binding is simple :) (and like DB told : then you now that is not the problem) ;)
When in manual he goes the same way?
It is Naza v2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    479.8 KB · Views: 341

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members