Flying over water

Reaction score
What function do I disable to safely fly over water? How to change on remote? Many thanks.

Can't see the image above but in Android it's settings, the drone icon and then Advanced (because having it under "sensors" wide be confusing).

That pilot all for Android if so confusing. I never know where to go to review/change settings

That pilot all for Android if so confusing. I never know where to go to review/change settings
I think they released un update today on the Android and it is supposed to be in the Play Store

Maybe I've been lucky so far, but I've flown at 35mph, 5 feet off the surface of a lake several times with VPS on--am I missing something?

I like to fly over water as well but was scared vow would get screwed up from optical sensors reflecting off water. I'm thinking it's better to be safe than sorry by turning it off but haven't gotten a chance. I would like to hear from people leaving it on if they've seen any odd behavior with it close over the water?

I just flew low over a lake again this afternoon--no issues. I don't believe the optical sensor is used for height control anyway--more for position hold, like what an optical mouse uses. In any case, I've noticed that ultrasound seems to give a pretty accurate height reading off the water. Yeah, it's still a little nerve-wracking flying 50mph (from a 15mph tail wind) 5 feet off the water, as if something does go wrong, you'll have no time to react.

Reactions: Trumple
I just flew low over a lake again this afternoon--no issues. I don't believe the optical sensor is used for height control anyway--more for position hold, like what an optical mouse uses. In any case, I've noticed that ultrasound seems to give a pretty accurate height reading off the water. Yeah, it's still a little nerve-wracking flying 50mph (from a 15mph tail wind) 5 feet off the water, as if something does go wrong, you'll have no time to react.
But the rush ..
a rush.gif
:eek:

Reactions: jcknows0
I like to fly over water as well but was scared vow would get screwed up from optical sensors reflecting off water. I'm thinking it's better to be safe than sorry by turning it off but haven't gotten a chance. I would like to hear from people leaving it on if they've seen any odd behavior with it close over the water?

If you're outdoors, you'll have GPS. You won't need VRS which is for indoors only. I'd switch it off.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic