Flying Los Angeles Beach's

Reaction score
Hello everybody I'm planning on going flying tomorrow I want to hit up some nice Beach spots in LA ...does anyone want to join or know of a good place to fly with out cops showing up ...

I'd like to see some shots of Seal Beac, Huntington Beach (close by), Laguna has some great cliffs and reefs. Malibu? Yeah, I'd like some shots of that one too :) Wish I could join you but I'm stuck in Colorado.

I'd like to see some shots of Seal Beac, Huntington Beach (close by), Laguna has some great cliffs and reefs. Malibu? Yeah, I'd like some shots of that one too :) Wish I could join you but I'm stuck in Colorado.
I wish I could go there I have some family in Colorado springs

I'm visiting California.. flying out here is tough.. I can't figure it out.. I wanna fly santa Monica.. (not the peer) I dunno what I need to do.
eca95214899449dc2a9132ebfe736441.png

I can't tell from that if you would be legal. I believe the orange indicates warning. Start at VFRMAP - Digital Aeronautical Charts and enter KSMO into the lookup box and hit enter. You will see Santa Monica is inside of Class D and below the bottom of Class B airspace. You can't fly in Class D if the tower is active - I suspect it is always active. It appears the pier area would be off limits, but north would be open to you. I'd get a hold of @Crack The Sky - He's holds a 333 and 107, though has little regard for the 107 and those who fly with them :) ...he is badass when it comes to reading sectionals.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj