Flying Indoors with Phantom 2 vision

Yep , think the FPV has a slightly bigger battery and a power hungry transmitter , but the battery fits as an upgrade for the X4 and again cost pocket money.
But I cant see twitchy video being worth triple the price of the X4 bang for buck.
Just my opinion of course.

Tim.

Definitely worth getting a Hubsan. You can let rip with it just like you are tempted to do with the Phantom but with no worry ! Agree with the others, if you get one, get at least one spare battery and the prop guards.

I have no prop guards and 6 batteries... One good thing about such a light aircraft is if it is hooning towards a wall just chop the throttle and let it fall. Bring it back to the middle of the room and try again. Hovering nose-in for a full battery without landing or crashing is a bit of a "oh yeah" moment. ;)

Most of you didn't even read the first post. He said in a convention center...not a living room.

I bought my PV at a convention, took it out of the box, charged everything and started flying. If you can fly a Nano or Proto, you can fly this indoors. If you let go, it just slides in that direction.

Filmed this the day I bought it...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCZuQcf2W58[/youtube]

Pull_Up said:
Front of the aircraft (nose) facing you. Everything on the right stick is now backwards. Enjoy!

I HAD to tell you! I'm FINALLY getting the hang of nose in flying. I've been zooming this thing around the house every night for months and every time I tried nose in, there wouldn't be a happy ending... :shock:

I'm so bored with flying the same routes in the house that I deemed this week "nose in" week. Today, for the very first time, I'm able to do it reasonably well. I was flying it "nose out" yawing around to nose in and flying it nose in until the battery gave out. I went through three full batteries and only crashed twice... What an awesome feeling!!! :D :D :D

EMCSQUAR said:
You might also check w/convention center if they have wi/fi repeaters. (many do) That may have some consequences on a safe flight also.

His RC Tx is on 5.8gHz so the repeaters should not be a problem He may not get a feed from his camera however.

Pull_Up said:
Told you so!

Your mission, should you choose to accept it... put a fresh battery in, put 'er on the floor nose-in and take-off and fly a whole battery that way without crashing, landing or moving out of nose-in orientation.

I was able to do that yesterday on my second battery, and twice today... No problem. You once told me that when you finally "get it" you're all set. Truer words were never spoken. I need to keep working on this and also on the transitions. Go nose out... take a sharp left... go to nose in... take a sharp left... go back to nose out. :)

Thanks, again...

-slinger

myvrodrocks said:
Most of you didn't even read the first post. He said in a convention center...not a living room.

I bought my PV at a convention, took it out of the box, charged everything and started flying. If you can fly a Nano or Proto, you can fly this indoors.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCZuQcf2W58[/youtube]

Frightening to watch this video, especially at around 40 seconds in when you nearly carved up the guy beside you. :eek:
You can see the fear in his eyes.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 277
gunslinger said:
I need to keep working on this and also on the transitions. Go nose out... take a sharp left... go to nose in... take a sharp left... go back to nose out. :)

Yep, nice smooth figure-eights with co-ordinated turns next (i.e. right stick ("roll") and left stick ("yaw") combined so the nose follows an arc). I still find that tricky on the Hubsan - relative piece of cake on the Vision!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.